WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 04-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Does anyone know how to decode the top line (Model line) on the 2004 body plate? I'm particularly interested in the last two groups of three figures on that line. I have noticed that most, if not all, of the auto equipped cars have 324 while the manuals are stamped with 346 in the middle group. The last group of three features a 3 followed by two letters; usually a P in the second position with the last letter varying. I did look at an Impulse Blue/Blue interior/Auto that read 324 with no last group.

What are your letter combos and what is your ext. color/int. color and transmission?
Old 04-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Does anyone know how to decode the top line (Model line) on the 2004 body plate? I'm particularly interested in the last two groups of three figures on that line. I have noticed that most, if not all, of the auto equipped cars have 324 while the manuals are stamped with 346 in the middle group. The last group of three features a 3 followed by two letters; usually a P in the second position with the last letter varying. I did look at an Impulse Blue/Blue interior/Auto that read 324 with no last group.

What are your letter combos and what is your ext. color/int. color and transmission?
Old 04-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pretty please. I do need your help in this research. All I'm asking for is the color combo/trans of your new goat and what the two three-letter groups read on your body plate's top "MODEL" line.

No names, no addresses, no VINs.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:13 PM

Hi gtoric
send me the data plate info and I will decode it for you
Old 04-13-2004, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, the MODEL line reads:
V28VX37-324-3PD
Can you tell me space by space what each letter or number means on this line? I know that the V28VX37 stands for the GTO model, but what exaclty does each alphanumeric stand for. I have also been able to determine that the 324 correlates to an automatic transmission equipped car and 346 goes with the 6-sp manuals., but haven't been able to figure out the exact meaning. The 3PD is stamped on every Anthracite colored interior I've checked. 3PA goes with Purple, 3PB with Blue, and 3PC with Red. I've also run across some with no 3P* indicator???
Old 04-13-2004, 11:12 PM

gtoric
the body plate goes like this
model = V2 = CAR TYPE
8VX37= MODEL 8= HOLDEN V= V CAR X= LUXURY LEVEL 3 37= 2 DOOR COUPE
NEXT 3 = MECHANICAL PACK = 324 LS1 AND AUTO
326 = LS1 AND SIX SPEED
NEXT 3 = SMART PACK
3PD = USA COUPE PACK
CONSISTING OF ANTHRACITE LEATHER TRIM
17 X 8 ALLOY WHEELS
225/50 R 17 TYRES

IF YOU SEND ME THE REST OF THE DATA ON THE PLATE
I CAN TELL YOU EVERTHING ABOUT THE CAR
BOB
Old 04-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, great information! Do you know what the punch hole in the lower left corner might stand for? Also, do you happen to have a list of all of the RPO codes listed on the Service Parts sticker in the trunk compartment? I am trying to identify these codes: AK3, EF5, NT9, R6B, V5Z, and 1SZ.
Interestingly, the tires showing up on our GTOs are sized 245/45-ZR17 not 225/50s

Thanks
Old 04-15-2004, 05:03 PM

gtoric
the punch hole seems to be on all the data plates i have looked at down here so probably dosen't mean anything , perhaps the tyres got changed when the vehicle arrived in the states
the codes are assenbly line codes , the ones you listed don't seem to line up with the codes on the stickers on vehicles i have looked at so they are probably GTO specific items
Old 04-17-2004, 10:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,
Doesn't seem economical for GM to install 225s on the car in Australia, ship it to California, remove the tires and install 245s, then have to deal with all the unmounted 225s; to say nothing of the extra labor involved in this process. Better to have B.F. Goodrich supply 245s right to the factory. I'd guess that the 245s are GTO-specific and installed at Elizabeth.