Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 05-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default PY's T/A Splitter Tips, anyone have them installed?

When I had the exhaust put on my '78 T/A I had them use thier chrome plated splitter tips. They look great but my complaint is, the first exit closest to the tire has this cup indentation up inside it to direct the exhaust out of that tip which causes the sound to sound like it has a massive leak on both sides. It has that spitting sound like when they forget to weld a joint. Yes I have checked all the joints, when you cup your hand over that outlet while its running the sound goes completely away. I would think PY's don't do this but I want to know before I go spending the money on more tips if Im going to end up with the same result.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

HI, have the 3 " splitter tipps on my 1965 Pontiac..looks great..sound Grrr.. with w 20 inch long 3 " pipe before it sound like a 530 cui engine..great ! nice quality.. take a look at you tube 1965 Pontiac Parisienne ..the blue 1965 pontiac Parisienne convertible. Thanks, Bjoern
turn in loud..40 Flowmaster
here`s the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCKq8WJJ4dU

Old 05-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Pypes Splitter 3" Pontiac 1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965 Pontiac Parisienne
HI, have the 3 " Pypes splitter tips on my 1965 Pontiac..looks great..sound Grrr.. with 20 inch long 3 " pipe before it sound like a 530 cui engine..great ! nice quality..you can fit the Splitter easily and perfect with a clamp... take a look at you tube 1965 Pontiac Parisienne ..the blue 1965 pontiac Parisienne convertible. Thanks, Bjoern
turn in loud..40 Flowmaster

here`s the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCKq8WJJ4dU