Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Driver's window 2005 Vibe

Finally replaced our car that was totaled in the derecho. We bought a 2005 Pontiac Vibe. It does have a couple minor issues that I need to take care of though.
When you roll the driver's window down it binds slightly(front of glass gets slightly ahead of rear). In the old days I would have just assumed wear in the regulator or the guide rollers. However, I have done a little reading about the Vibe and apparently they have also had an issue with the clips that hold things in place.
I'm wondering if any of you happened to have a picture or a page from the service manual that shows me what clips they are talking about?

Old 11-17-2020, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FULm...hannel=Zoranan

FWIW, I bought a brand new Vibe for my wife in 2008, it's been a damn good car. She was a traveling RN and put many thousands of miles on it with very little down time or repairs.

The odometer stops working on these cars at 299,999 miles, her's stopped about 2 years ago and I estimate it at 310-315,000 miles currently. No plans to trade it off because she changed jobs and it doesn't drive nearly as much any longer.

I talked to a Toyota tech, and the Matrix/Corolla is basically the same car. He told me they run forever, we'll see how long they actually will run........

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 11-17-2020, 11:49 AM
Suspended

The Toyota Matrix is the same as a Pontiac Vibe.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
The Toyota Matrix is the same as a Pontiac Vibe.
Actually some of the electrics, and the HVAC system are slightly different that parts will not interchange, but the majority is interchangeable between the two cars. Many Corolla parts will fit Vibes too.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 11-17-2020, 01:04 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Actually some of the electrics, and the HVAC system are slightly different that parts will not interchange, but the majority is interchangeable between the two cars. Many Corolla parts will fit Vibes too.
May be, but both rolled down the same assembly line.

Kinda like a Mobil 1 oil filter is the same filter as a K&N but the Mobil 1 doesn't have the nut welded on the bottom.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FULm...hannel=Zoranan

FWIW, I bought a brand new Vibe for my wife in 2008, it's been a damn good car. She was a traveling RN and put many thousands of miles on it with very little down time or repairs.

The odometer stops working on these cars at 299,999 miles, her's stopped about 2 years ago and I estimate it at 310-315,000 miles currently. No plans to trade it off because she changed jobs and it doesn't drive nearly as much any longer.

I talked to a Toyota tech, and the Matrix/Corolla is basically the same car. He told me they run forever, we'll see how long they actually will run........
Thanks for the link.

I have heard you all speak quite highly of the Vibe here. That is actually the reason we went to look at it as I would normally lean more toward a typical sedan. I hope it lasts for us. It is actually pretty low miles as these go(105k).

Old 12-31-2020, 09:14 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
May be, but both rolled down the same assembly line.

Actually,the Matrix was built at a Canadian Toyota assembly plant in Cambridge, Ontario, and the Vibe at GM/Toyota joint-venture plant (NUMMI) in Fremont, California.

Old 12-31-2020, 09:46 PM
Suspended

You must own a Saturn Solstice too.