Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 04:11 PM
Senior Chief

Default Car shipping recomendation/cost

Looking at possibly having a car shipped from Fargo ND to Leesburg FL. Prefer enclosed transportation. Any recommendations on a company and typical cost per mile? Car runs/drives/stops fine. Thanks!

Old 01-21-2021, 04:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Check with Bill's Auto Works: https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=786352

Old 01-21-2021, 06:33 PM
Senior Chief

Bill is the guy.

Old 01-21-2021, 10:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Stay far away from Roadrunner!!!

Old 01-21-2021, 10:52 PM
Senior Chief

Did business with Bill and I highly recommend him. .

Old 01-22-2021, 08:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Never used him but Bills rep is the best. I have heard quite a few horror stories of transports gone awry. Not one place that you want to go cheap on.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcronk View Post
Looking at possibly having a car shipped from Fargo ND to Leesburg FL. Prefer enclosed transportation. Any recommendations on a company and typical cost per mile? Car runs/drives/stops fine. Thanks!
Road Trip!!! 1871 miles each way from here.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:07 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks everyone! I spoke with Bill and would like to do business with him. Unfortunately he is booked till March. I am still considering the car purchase but have not commited yet. May be able to work something out with Bill at least getting the car closer to me and I can pick up.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:12 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by necdb3 View Post
Road Trip!!! 1871 miles each way from here.
Thats a "bit" farther than the last one we did to Ohio and back in 2 days. If it were not for the possibility of heavy snow and ice I might be up for it. Also am a bit nervous purchasing without seeing the car in person. That is a long way to go and come back empty handed.

Old 01-22-2021, 12:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've used Reliable Carriers a few times for cross country transport...no issues. It wasn't the least expensive option, but I was always able to ship from and pick up from one of their locations/depots, so much cheaper than their door to door quotes.

Old 01-22-2021, 02:33 PM
Senior Chief

Two cars I sold were picked up by Reliable. Both went to upstate New York. I have a tow rig and don't mind traveling to pick the car up closer to me and less risk of snow/ice. Thanks for the advice.

Old 01-22-2021, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcronk View Post
Thats a "bit" farther than the last one we did to Ohio and back in 2 days. If it were not for the possibility of heavy snow and ice I might be up for it. Also am a bit nervous purchasing without seeing the car in person. That is a long way to go and come back empty handed.
Take a flight and go look at it. That's cheap insurance to put your own eyes on it. Well worth it.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:36 PM
Senior Chief

CDC just posed new restrictions on international flights today. To get back in the country you have to have a negative Covid test within 3 days of flying or medical documentation you are no longer contagious. This is for everyone including US citizens. Wonder if domestic flights are next!

Old 01-23-2021, 04:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
I've used Reliable Carriers a few times for cross country transport...no issues.
I like Reliable as well, the only issue I've had is they don't service all of the upper or rural parts of the country. North Dakota actually came back as a place they weren't delivering to\from at the time. It may have been a winter thing or a business thing, don't know.

And as far as the depot drop off, that is very true but it relies on the seller being willing to drop it off for you. Most sellers are extremely unwilling to do so, sadly.

Closed Thread