Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2021, 06:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default repro 68 clock illumination

so
I purchased a repoop clock for a 68 LeMans 4 speed rag top I am working on , and get the dash back in and turn the dash lights on the speedo and gas gauge lite up real nice but the clock barely barely even lights up ,,, even with the shop lights off ...and nearly pitch black.. you still cant see the clock nearly ZERO illumination
wth ????
the bulbs worked fine and lit the original clock ,,, I just reused them and the gray harness , and I had to almost hammer the bulbs sockets into the back of the repop clock ... the power tab doesnt even want to slide into the orange power wire,, jee wiz ..
I kinda find it hard to believe its too tough to make the bulb holes the same size as the original but ... whatever ...got em in
they definetly come on as I popped the lower one out and the inside of the clock is brite as can be with the upper bulb workin... ground the lower bulb to case and it lights up brite too ,,,,
but no light makes it out of the back to the face ... whats the deal !!

any body else have this issue ??

the clock is from our host ... I hate repooped krap

I should have put my nos one in but I wanted to save it for my other convert

Last edited by Scott Thelander; 02-22-2021 at 06:21 AM.