THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

With Rush gone we'll be without honest radio commentary. There is no one I can't think of that could possibly take his place. I miss listening to him. He caught my attention way back in the 70s. He was my back up to Paul Harvey. Now without either one we're all scrod.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rush changed my life at a critical time for me. Love the humor injections as straight commentary can be boring. I listen to Dana Loesh a lot now as well. She has a segment called "Florida man" that is usually so funny, but true little news clips! I will miss Rush. For sure.

Old 02-21-2021, 01:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Rush was amazing the man could tell you what would happen next week , next month, even a year down the road. It sure as sh&$ it would happen . I knew liberals that listened to the show for that reason. And many of them realized they weren't actually liberals after a week a month or a year of listening.
The guy never spoke down to anyone just spoke with them. The only person today I feel is even close is maybe Dan bongino. Straight up honest about what he believes on issues

Every hot rod shop, paint shop , machine shop around me had rush on during the day. As did most manufacturing shops.

Some big shoes to fill that’s for sure was like a friend to many a listener. A lot of people listened to him longer than most of their friends.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2021, 08:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
She has a segment called "Florida man" that is usually so funny, but true little news clips!
Hmmm. There`s a morning show around here that has a "florida man" segment as well. Got it`s own song and sponsor. They have been on the air for 30 years or so. The Walton and Johnson show. Good show. The Rush of morning comedy shows.

Now, I wonder who came up with that segment?

https://waltonandjohnson.com/

Old 02-24-2021, 12:05 PM

He was part of my weekdays for 28 years. I will miss his insight and since of humor very much. RIP Rush

Old 02-24-2021, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
With Rush gone we'll be without honest radio commentary. There is no one I can't think of that could possibly take his place. I miss listening to him. He caught my attention way back in the 70s. He was my back up to Paul Harvey. Now without either one we're all scrod.
I think Graham Ledger would be a good candidate . But your Right, nobody can be all that Rush was.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

He was quite the voice for radio & the 90’s conservative movement. My condolences to his family.
That being said he & the times have changed & I am glad we will never have to hear him again!

73 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white - "STOLEN" AT TERRY SPEAR's SHOP IN Columbia TN ~mid 2014
Last offical pic of the car can been seen here:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/pontiactn/...%20-%20rev.pdf
People have seen it posted FS on Craigs List back in late 2013 early 2014....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ABOUT IT PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to cdoggy81 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread