THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-22-2021, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
This works great if you have the snow. 50" blower sure makes it disappear fast. Haven't used it for a few years as we don't get enough snow. Orange is good.
Mine is Orange too, but a Husqvarna AWD articulating unit with a 40" blower...

Really allows me to get in and out of tight places. We've got about a 50' meandering sidewalk that is 42" wide from our driveway to our front porch (where it widens out to 7' wide. I can turn around by the front porch so I don't have to attempt to back out for 50'...

Unless the snow is wet, it'll throw it 35-40 feet.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Honda

Our Kansas snow mover. electric actuated.

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:50 PM

Default Warn plow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
Our Kansas snow mover. electric actuated.
What Warn model did you purchase?

“A veteran - wether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the (‘United States of America’, for an amount of ‘ up to and including their life.’” Unknown
Old 02-23-2021, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default WARN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairhart View Post
What Warn model did you purchase?
I ordered it all thru quadratech, a jeep parts supplier. you have to order items separate. mounting kit, actuator, blade. I don't recall the part numbers but you will find it at quadratech. I may have ordered just the warn blade elsewhere can't recall. the mounting kit is great, 2 quick connect pins and its on and off. right in the front, easy access.

some kits require underbelly lay on the ground off and on. that would be a bummer! the underbelly kits are cheaper but be much more a hassel. and you lose some ground clearance with that type as well as blocked maintenance access. get what you pay for.

well worth it I use it to take care of my gravel driveway in summer, move any other loose dirt etc etc. not my video, hes got a cable winch. get the electric actuator and strap. better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrVoZ9P0eXM

Last edited by JUDGE3; 02-23-2021 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gifford View Post
It took a long time (all of 2020) but the 24x28 addition to my garage is worthwhile. It's main purpose is warm storage of the snowplow tractor- trudging out to the barn in a snowstorm to start a cold antique tractor wasn't fun. And before the new space gets cluttered, we're enjoying it- comfy for music jams, indoor croquet, etc.
Congrats on completing the addition Jack. Been my experience, it's nice to have the yard equipment storage separated from cars, project cars, parts storage, & work zones.

After the last few weeks of record cold, & a week ago, a foot of snow, am planning a small addition to my building. Looked into radiant heat flooring before we poured the slab 4 years ago. At the time it seemed unnecessary & at right under 2900 sq ft, radiant heat was a no go. By this Fall, hope to have the tubing installed & the slab poured for 13 x 26 ft addition. Small clean room/paint booth being the goal.

Old 02-24-2021, 01:57 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

I'm also glad I included a urinal- much nicer than out in the cold behind a tree.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

The more room the better is what i always say

1966 Lemans, 3700Lbs, 406 ci, #96 Heads, Crane 467/494 cam, RPM Intake, Q-Jet, 11 inch Converter, 3:90 gears, 3 inch exhaust, Best ET 12.62@107 MPH 414ci shortblock coming soon!
Old 02-26-2021, 11:10 AM
Senior Chief

Enjoy the addition before it starts shrinking! I added 22x24 onto the back of my garage almost 20 years ago. Best thing I've done to the house and being a remodeling contractor (retired now) I have done a lot of remodeling here. A word of warning, the extra space works against the argument that "I'd buy that car but I don't know where I'd keep it". I used to have the entire additional space for larger cabinet projects and other work plus used it for a dining room for Thanksgiving and other gatherings. Now most of my projects, although smaller now, have been pushed into one corner because two cars now call the area home.
I separated the front and back of the garage with a 16' overhead door so I could heat just the back. That worked out well at first but now the door stays open and the whole area is heated.
Have fun!

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver