THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-24-2021, 12:14 PM

Default Tiger Woods

So what’s up with Tiger Woods? Seems like he’s got a death wish! He’s a mess!

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 02-24-2021, 01:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They are making such a big deal out of a guy that drove like an idiot and got in an accident.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to necdb3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necdb3 View Post
They are making such a big deal out of a guy that drove like an idiot and got in an accident.

And it’s not the first time.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 02-24-2021, 02:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

From the looks of the interview with him 2 days earlier at the event he sponsors, I'm guessing the accident was caused by either pain meds for his back surgery or hitting the bottle again, like his last DUI.

He looked impaired at the interview from whatever.

I do wish the best for him...iconic golfer.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400

Last edited by vertigto; 02-24-2021 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

None of the specifics about the accident are in at this time. I'll refrain from condemning Tiger until actual facts are known. It has been reported that he was going over the speed limit, but we've all done that. Maybe an animal jumped out of the woods/vegetation and he swerved to avoid....

Yes, there could be drugs or alcohol involved - even at 7:00 AM in the morning. But like I said, I'm not going down that rabbit hole without evidence.

Old 02-24-2021, 02:56 PM

He was running out of pills from his last back surgery, 5th one, and needed to reup without a doctor that would sign for a new prescription, so he conjured up a plan to get some more.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
None of the specifics about the accident are in at this time. I'll refrain from condemning Tiger until actual facts are known. It has been reported that he was going over the speed limit, but we've all done that. Maybe an animal jumped out of the woods/vegetation and he swerved to avoid....

Yes, there could be drugs or alcohol involved - even at 7:00 AM in the morning. But like I said, I'm not going down that rabbit hole without evidence.
Im on the same page.

The only thing I have seen concrete, was that he was speeding. That said, it was a 45 mph zone, so that could mean 60 MPH. As you said, we have all done that. Many of us probably daily.

The only other concrete thing I saw was that there were no skid marks. Even hammered people usually hit the brakes I think if they are awake. So sober or no Im guessing he probably fell asleep.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 02-24-2021, 03:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

With the injuries that they are describing, I doubt that he’ll ever get back to golfing.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy "beautiful" commentary MA.

just more drama...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uuCAFqu0-aU

Old 02-24-2021, 03:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I first saw the pics of the accident, and they were from far away, it looked like a Trackhawk Jeep which would have been the 707 HP Hellcat drivetrain. But today, with better pics you could see it was a Korean Genesis SUV G80. That's still a 500 HP SUV an unfamiliar driver could get into trouble with. It was a Courtesy Car from the golf tournament so he totaled a company car basically. No idea why it happened. Eventually, they will figure it out. At least he survived and the safety systems probably saved his life. The last thing Jeep needed was more bad celebrity publicity after Springsteen was popped for a DUI a week or so ago. After his multi-million dollar endorsement deal and Super Bowl commercials. They already dropped him.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

I don't think his Ex was chasing him with a golf club............this time.......

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 02-24-2021, 04:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
The last thing Jeep needed was more bad celebrity publicity after Springsteen was popped for a DUI a week or so ago.
FWIW...charges against Springsteen were dismissed.

(Newser) – Bruce Springsteen has pleaded guilty to drinking illegally in a federal park—but charges of DWI and reckless driving have been dismissed. At a virtual hearing Wednesday, prosecutors said they couldn't meet the burden of proof for drunk driving over the November incident at Sandy Hook federal park in New Jersey and asked the judge to dismiss the charges. "The blood alcohol reading was .02, which as the court is aware, is well under the state limit of .08," Assistant US Attorney Adam Baker said, per Rolling Stone. According to court papers, Springsteen was arrested after an officer saw him take a shot of tequila and get on his motorcycle. The rock legend admitted having "two small shots of tequila" in the park, where drinking was banned in 2019.

Magistrate Judge Anthony Mautone, who noted that the 71-year-old has a clean driving record going back to 1973, sentenced Springsteen to a fine of $540, including $40 in court costs, NJ.com reports. "Rarely would you see a driver’s abstract so devoid of any entries," the judge said. "I’m convinced a fine is the appropriate sentence in this case." He asked: "Mr. Springsteen, I need to ask you how long you need to pay that fine?" The singer smiled and said, "I think I can pay that immediately." Springsteen attorney Mitchell Ansell said the singer, "who has no previous criminal record of any kind," is "pleased with the outcome of today’s court appearance."

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 02-24-2021, 04:08 PM

The thing is according to reports even though he had a car he wasn’t familiar with, he did know this stretch of road, and that it’s notoriously dangerous, common sense if you have any would tell you to use caution driving a strange car and knowing the road was sketchy on a good day. He had to be impaired as there was no sign of braking. Thank God no one else was hurt or worse. Time will tell I guess when it’s fully investigated. Sad for his kids happy his Son wasn’t with him.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 02-24-2021, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Local law enforcement just said they don’t anticipate any charges. Said it was an accident and accidents aren’t crimes.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 02-24-2021, 05:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Local news reports the investigating officer said he didn't show any signs of impairment before taken to the hospital so no blood test was taken. He was alert and responsive. The officer didn't even know he was Tiger Woods until he asked for his name.
Tiger was visiting in the area while sponsoring a local tournament so he may or may not be familiar with the road which is known for it's numerous accidents.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

Old 02-24-2021, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are alot of good people doing good things for society. The media rarely posts them just all the baloney. Havent watch any news or read s newspaper since last February 2020. I just read from Daily Signal.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:25 PM

Many people in todays society are overly enamored with any celebrity, add that to the fact that some folks are still at home alot with time on their hands and stories like this get lots of attention. He is certainly a great golfer but he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like every other person in this world. If he recovers and can play again that will be nice for him, either way it means nothing to or for me.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Three things Wood can't do or has no common sense about. Golf, women, and driving a car. Being familiar with vehicle or a road is lame. So no common sense is the 4th thing he lacks.

I don't know how many trucks I drove that I wasn't familiar with and I didn't have an accident. Same with roads.... I've been all over the US and didn't have an accident because I wasn't familiar with the roads I was on.

I say he was on his cell phone and not paying attention. Texting or talking.... makes no difference. That alone will bite you in the ass, tout sweet.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:27 PM

News says there was no signs of drug or alcohol usage, and speed was most likely the cause. He has been on that road before and as stated, most suv’s are all alike as far as the way they handle. Unless something was wrong with the mechanical or tires and brakes, looks like driver error to me. He is a known hot head, and was most likely had the hammer down.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 02-24-2021, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For the car folks: The car that didn't belong to Mr. Woods that he totaled was a Genesis SV80. Here are the specs and capabilities of this Korean classic: 3.5 L twin Turbo V-6 375 HP @ 5800 RPM 391 Ft.Lb. torque at 1300 RPM (that is impressive) 18 MPG 5000 Lbs. 0-60 5.3 sec. 1/4 mile 13.9 sec. @ 101 mph. Cost $73,000.00 loaded. Top speed 149 MPH. Skid Pad .82 (so a real pig with that center of gravity). Certainly a vehicle a person could get into trouble with if not careful and paying attention. Fortunate he wasn't killed.