THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
Guys,I did not change my life a lot since this started,Went to Louisiana last August and fished for 5 days,planes left the center seat open,In Late November I went on a 7 day fishing trip on a 95 ft boat with 25 of my closest friend I NEVER met.We all had to get a rapid test no more than 3 days from the boat boarding.I belong to a fishing club with many doctors some retired.ALL of them have received the vaccine and recommended to all of us when avail to get it.As I have told many of my friends,your body your choice.Im 75, God willing on seeing 76,a chronic bronchial asthmatic and just figured if it my time so be it.Hope to see everyone at Norwalk this year.Tom

Same here. My life hasn't changed at all, and I'll be damned if it does.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 02-24-2021, 09:18 PM

Everyone seems to have different opinions on this vaccine I’m in between on which way to go, on one hand I’m kind of happy about the wait, which gives me more time to see reactions good or bad. On the other hand, the variant virus seems much more scary and aggressive. It will be interesting to actually see in a year how those who get it are doing, VS those who did not. I think I’m like a lot of others who think there wasn’t enough time to really test it. Are numbers in cases dropping because of this vaccine? Or is the virus just burning out?

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 02-24-2021, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacJim1959 View Post
Never had a flu shot. Not getting the Covid shot. If your immune system is healthy, and you are in good health - don't have any underlying problems, don't smoke, don't drink, aren't overweight, and do some exercising to stay in shape, and know how to treat the flu if/when you feel it coming on, your natural immune system can beat it off. .
Same here.

Nobody knows anything for sure, but I wonder if the people who have sheltered at home have had their immune system decline a bit without exposure to the rest of the world?

Early on, I heard an infectious disease doctor talk about immune systems. He talked about babies and how they spend the whole day touching things and putting their hands in their mouth. He explained that was nature's way of them building their immune system.

Does it apply here? No clue for sure, but that's my approach. Grab the shopping cart and go!

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Closed Thread