Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 PM

Default converting a 79 AC to non-AC

We bought a nice 79 Formula hotrod with a 71 455 HO in it. Along the way it lost all the ducting, AC components and lines. It had a dryer vent hose doing God knows what from under the fender. Anyway we cleaned it all up, bought a new box for the squirrel cage and put it all back together. We need heat up here in the North. The problem is we don't know how to hook it up electrically as the big silver AC apparatus is gone. We have some plug in deals on the end of wires that we assume previously plugged into the AC unit. All we want is to run the fan and have the low/med/high switch work. We are not electricians. Can anyone give us a simple "hook the brown from the harness to the red from wherever" type of instructions?

Thanks. We hope to be on the road by next week.

One thing we did figure out is how to repair T/A dashes. This car has our second repaired dash and they are turning out pretty close to new.

I don't know how to post pics on here. I have several and would be happy to email them.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I posted a reply to your question in the Heating and Cooling section