Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2022, 11:33 PM

Default Recently purchased 72 GP

Picked this up about a month ago. The story is that it's a two-owner car, with a brother-in law buying it from the family after the original owner passed away. He had the car since 1982. Nice original interior. Repainted back in the 80s, so it will need some TLC. Tune up and brake work so far. It seems to be running really well at this point. I've loved these cars since I was 13 years old, and my parents bought one brand new. My dad routinely traded cars every 3 years, but mom wouldn't let him get rid of her 72. She managed to keep him from trading it until 1980. I'm hoping to hang onto this one for a while. I was a little worried about the numbers. The car was built in April of 72. When I scraped off the grease and checked the engine block it has a Y3 code instead of YS. I put it on the ramps and checked next to the timing cover and there it was, the matching VIN stamped into the block. Heads are correct 72 heads. I'll have to get the PHS on the car to make sure, but it appears that this has a numbers matching engine even though it has a 1973 engine block code. The PHS should verify whether or not it's correct.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1972 GP 2.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	595848   Click image for larger version

Name:	1972 GP 3.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	595849   Click image for larger version

Name:	1972 GP 4.jpeg
Views:	357