WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by judge_jury_executioner_69:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by humbler:
Big loser...yeah right...
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/attachm...tid=5944&stc=1 http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/attachm...tid=5941&stc=1
This car is freakin gorgeous, all you bandwagoners just can't admit it... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i didnt know pontiac made the cavalier. or is that a neon? no dodge makes those. GTP? grand prix? ohhhh its a GTO. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, and your '69 looks nothing like a LeMans with a painted front bumper and a wing on the back, right? The roof and glass from your '69 will fit a bunch of A-body cars, not all are Pontiacs either. Why are you guys so hung up on the fact that the new GTO looks like other Pontiacs? They always did!
I still think the owners of older GTO's are just pissed because they started building them again, thus taking away thier exclusive claim to a "real' GTO. Sorry guys, it's reality, get over it. Or maybe buy a rambler, they probably won't be building any more of them!!
Old 01-08-2005, 08:13 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by judge_jury_executioner_69:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by humbler:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/attachm...tid=5944&stc=1 http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/attachm...tid=5941&stc=1
This car is freakin gorgeous, all you bandwagoners just can't admit it... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i didnt know pontiac made the cavalier. or is that a neon? no dodge makes those. GTP? grand prix? ohhhh its a GTO. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right, it is a GTO and it's the best one yet (so ha ha)!
Old 01-09-2005, 02:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy W:

Oh, and your '69 looks nothing like a LeMans with a painted front bumper and a wing on the back, right? The roof and glass from your '69 will fit a bunch of A-body cars, not all are Pontiacs either. Why are you guys so hung up on the fact that the new GTO looks like other Pontiacs? They always did!
I still think the owners of older GTO's are just pissed because they started building them again, thus taking away thier exclusive claim to a "real' GTO. Sorry guys, it's reality, get over it. Or maybe buy a rambler, they probably won't be building any more of them!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

youre forgetting my 69 actually has a pontiac engine not a chevy. yeah it may look simmilar to a bodies but his 04 looks like every other car on the road (both import and domestic). what pisses me off is people are buying the name or badge and not the car. tell me what part of this car is pontiac ? the badge ? and what else ? ill be waiting on your answer.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> what pisses me off is people are buying the name or badge and not the car. tell me what part of this car is pontiac ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whew! I am glad I didn't piss you off, since I bought the car DESPITE the badging......

Oh, and as die hard Pontiac'er that I am, I can still recognize that the LS-1 is one of the best performance oriented engines ever built, even if it is a "Chevy"....... I wish my Pontiac engines had some of the features that the LS-1 has........ I've owned numerous Ponchos, and 2 LS-1s. Which one do you think I'd rather have in my daily driver? (Hint.......not the Ponchos)

The LS-1 is a NO compromise engine, (well, except for the bore spacing and rod journal diameter). It is mild mannered in a daily driving situation with good fuel economy to boot. You get all the power, without the hassles of an older engine.

What are you guys clinging to? It is 2005.

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Old 01-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Glenn, you got a really neat webpage there.

"Its never too late to have a happy childhood"!

I told my dad I was going to stop raising hell, and he called me a quitter!
Old 01-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ctgross:
Glenn, you got a really neat webpage there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I haven't really updated it much, and a lot has changed on the car...... One of these days I'll get around to updating it......

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Old 01-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> tell me what part of this car is pontiac ? the badge ? and what else ? ill be waiting on your answer.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pontiac says it is! If you change some sheet metal or body parts and re-badge an Envoy and sell it as Ranier, then it's a Buick. Why is a Marquis a Mercury? Because FOMOCo says so!! There are no 'Mercury ' engines nowadays, there are no 'Dodge' engines, and there are no Pontiac, Buick, Chevy, GMC engines anymore. You guys need to get past that and move on!!
Old 01-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

thats why i have my 69. its a real pontiac with a real pontiac engine. you say "because pontiac says so" that sounds like when id ask my parents for something when i was a kid and they told me no and couldnt think of a better reason then "i said so". does that mean if ford claims the 05 mustang is better then the 05 GTO then its true?
Old 01-10-2005, 02:08 AM

thats why i have my 69. its a real pontiac with a real pontiac engine. you say "because pontiac says so" that sounds like when id ask my parents for something when i was a kid and they told me no and couldnt think of a better reason then "i said so". does that mean if ford claims the 05 mustang is better then the 05 GTO then its true? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ehhh.. I won't even try to respond to this *reasoning*, I'll just sit here a snicker awhile.