THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

View Poll Results: Which logo do you like the best.
#1 45 41.67%
#2 38 35.19%
#3 11 10.19%
#4 2 1.85%
I like the old one better 11 10.19%
#7 Late new arrival 1 0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2018, 11:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I like simple, hence #3. I kind of suspected most are different than me and prefer "fancier". Most of you probably have hood scoops too! And spoilers!

Old 10-17-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 461 Bird View Post
I like the flames, leave it alone.

I like the flames to, and if it gets changed we will all need new hats. but I do get wanting to change it up a little.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 10-17-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
I like simple, hence #3. I kind of suspected most are different than me and prefer "fancier". Most of you probably have hood scoops too! And spoilers!

I do...I do...lol I have both and a vehicle in my garage with Pypes too.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 10-17-2018, 12:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like #3

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 10-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Thanks so much for your participation and contributions. A logo is really kind of a piece of art. As such, it lends itself toward wide interpretation. We all have different tastes.

Most brands update their logo after a while to avoid looking dated or stagnant or to better reflect a new direction the company is going in. . We are not exempt. . Sometimes logos are updated to hide a negative past. That's not the case with Pypes. Pypes has been quite successful. So realistically we could pick any new logo change and it probably would help a bit. The real help for our brand comes from making really good quality products at a fair price. We're starting a new campaign to promote that. The new logo will be part of the campaign. . We want to just freshen it up a bit. We don't want to risk losing our identty or look like we got bought out by someone.. Logo #2 was a popular pick but is very different from our original logo. Logo #1 is the closest to our old logo while adding a fresh look. . The voting both by our internal staff and here on PY seems to confirm both observations.

Thanks again for your opinions and interest! Last chance to get us to change our mind!

Chris

Old 10-18-2018, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I personally like 5, next choice would be 1.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

#2 but in yellow. The starbursts are a dated design left over from the 50's. Good if you're selling nostalgia, maybe not so good selling exhaust systems.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:14 PM
Administrator

We never thought upgrading our logo would be so difficult. We REALLY didn't think that after the poll we'd still be scratching our heads. Although a lot of you voted for the large swoop logo, you can see by the results it fell a little short of one of the new logos. The fact that a lot of people liked the original logo better than the various new ones, kept us from pulling the trigger. Hence this newest design. Although some of you may still favor the original and some may favor the others presented, we think this latest logo most captures the classic design you've gotten use to. Even if it is not your favorite, we hope you grow to like it like you grew to like the original.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pypes Logo w flame.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	495884  

Old 10-24-2018, 02:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

BUT the S needs to be silver.
Lose the flames
Have the tailpipe tip cut at an angle.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
We never thought upgrading our logo would be so difficult. We REALLY didn't think that after the poll we'd still be scratching our heads. Although a lot of you voted for the large swoop logo, you can see by the results it fell a little short of one of the new logos. The fact that a lot of people liked the original logo better than the various new ones, kept us from pulling the trigger. Hence this newest design. Although some of you may still favor the original and some may favor the others presented, we think this latest logo most captures the classic design you've gotten use to. Even if it is not your favorite, we hope you grow to like it like you grew to like the original.

New hats? I like it!

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 10-24-2018, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
New hats?
of course.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:22 PM
Suspended

Kind of a hybrid of a couple. That works.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like number 5. Don't like the open 'P' on the others. Helped a friend install a complete Pypes exhaust system on his '65 GTO clone 8-10 years ago, and was impressed at the quality of the product, and am still impressed with it thousands of miles later. No leaks, great tone, great performance.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

why not just keep the same style logo and just change the font? use the font you have picked but drop the bottom of the "S" down like the original and run it underneath with the flame? make one up like that and then chose from the 2 of them.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I wouldn't over analyze the logo thing. As a consumer, I sometimes consider and weigh lots of things about a product I'm about to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on. I don't think I have ever been swayed in my decision by a logo on a box.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeek View Post
why not just keep the same style logo and just change the font? use the font you have picked but drop the bottom of the "S" down like the original and run it underneath with the flame? make one up like that and then chose from the 2 of them.
Jim, Like I said before, we're all looking at a piece of art and we all interpret it differently.

Initially, I think long time Pypes fans will see anything new we do as awkward but we are trying to strike a balance between the old famous look and a new feel that reminds everyone that we are always evolving and getting better.

We actually have several staff members not talking to each other because of defending one logo vs the other! lol!

So I think we are pretty much wrapping it up unless someone stumbles on a gross miscarriage of justice in the newest iteration.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
I wouldn't over analyze the logo thing. As a consumer, I sometimes consider and weigh lots of things about a product I'm about to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on. I don't think I have ever been swayed in my decision by a logo on a box.
Easy for you to say that! A few others said the same thing. I agree that it would be very remote for someone to make a purchasing decision based on a logo but it's more than the logo. It's a feeling you get when you associate yourself with a brand. 15 years is a long time. There's a lot of pride in what we've accomplished and I just want to make sure we convey that sentiment in the change.

Trust me, I'd love to have this done and finished so I can start sleeping through the night instead of continuing to wake up with new ideas!

Old 10-24-2018, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

About 7 years ago I designed a simple logo for my company. The color was the biggest factor for me too. So often since then I've gotten comments about my logo color reminding people of an old car, just what I hoped for. I avoided red and blue because I think they are so over used in packaging and advertising they get lost in the mix. Shop for groceries and don't buy anything with either of those colors on the package.