Old 12-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Looking for 76 Astre

Looking for a very particular 1976 Astre. I want to replace the car that my father purchased new in '76. It needs to be Carousel Red, black interior, hatchback, manual trans, 2bbl.
Rust-free, low mileage, complete original example is a must.

I know that this is asking a lot, but there must be just such an animal out there somewhere.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:35 PM

Good luck in your search, They are few and far between, My first Astre was the same except for a tan interior, a 5 spd made it great on gas mileage!!!! I sold both of the 77 FORMULAs I owned and still regret it.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:00 AM

Default right car, but wrong color

Silver and black formula in a lockup near downtown Fort Worth. Looks like it's been sitting 10 year, but no rust, bidy damage, or missing parts. Not red though

Old 12-19-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Formula

Coincedentily I went by the place yesterday, before I got your replay. Looks like the car is still there, but they've put up another side fence and the car is between an RV and a pile of junk, but I think I say the top of the car. The guy taken car of the lot was not there, but I left my info with the limo co. that occupies the lot in front of this one. The good news is that the city is demanding they do a cleanup. I'll let you know.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:34 PM

78 Formula update: still trying. The owner is not the person I thought, but his mother (she's in her early 80's from what I hear). She owns the property and the car belonged to a relative. I might be going on a spy mission this weekend (consisting of distracting the 2 dogs on the property with food, jumping the fence, and getting VIN and tag numbers) to try and find out whom the registered owner is.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:52 AM

Rick, hows the spy mission going.....

Old 02-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This should probably be in the parts for sale listings,but couldn't really figure out where to put it.
I have a set of (4) 13" x 5" 4 bolt Snowflakes here for sale or trade for 70's Firebird parts.
Condition is decent (NOT all corroded) but will need repaint.

Offers/trades???

Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 AM

This has really taken forever, but I get to actually put my hands on the car tomorrow, and I finally know the whole story. The car is still locked up... as is the owner... in prison. I was never ever to get the man supervising the lot to let me near the car, and he would never do anything more than take my phone number. I won't reveal what i did to get the VIN... anyway, after communicating with the lawyer managing the owner's affairs while he is in prison, and finally getting in touch with a family member, I'll get to make a close inspection. One big problem, the owner has told the family member he wants $4000. I'm think $600. We'll see.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Senior Chief

Arrow Red/black '77 Formula in CT

GTOric, this may be a little rougher than what you want, but at least it is the right color combination. And it is an automatic. Could be had for cheap though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245
I gotta believe it has just 41K; not rolled over. It would be pretty trashed if it had 141K.
A personal inspection would probably verify that it is original mileage.

As luck would have it, I drove within ten miles of this last week, returning to Indiana.
It's off I-84 in western Connecticut.

Last edited by Tin Injun Tom; 10-06-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's close, but I'm looking for the exact twin to the car my dad purchased in '76.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

In looking back I miss my 76 GT. Black on black. Used to put the back seat down and the daughter would go to sleep back there on long trips.

08 Torrent GXP (wife's)
09 G8 ST (UTE) black

A pissed off fat house chimp on dope would be a lot more deadly.