Old 07-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1995 SSEi Oil leaking

What are the usual suspects for oil leakage in the 3800 supercharged engine? Any help appreciated. Application is 1995 Bonne SSEi, 100k miles.
Keith

Old 07-04-2009, 10:06 PM

Valve covers, oil senders, Cooler lines to the front of the car, oil pan, oil sending unit.

Occaisionally you'll find a supercharger seal leaking but you'll know that in short order when it starts hammering.

MIke

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 07-05-2009, 12:53 AM

I'm at over 110,000 miles now, and at just around 100,000 miles to clean up all engine oil leaks I had to do: valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, oil level sensor sending unit, rear main seal (yes, this means dropping the transaxle)

for engine coolant leaks I had to do: water pump, lower intake manifold gaskets (which had already been done at least once before at I think around 50k miles)

for transaxle fluid leaks I had to do: one of the transaxle-to-cooler lines (probably time for me to check to other line) and transaxle pan gasket.

Oh, and re-and-re supercharger.

At least, without going thru all my receipts, that's what I recall off the top of my head.

Fortunately, all paid for by the extended warrenty

Old 07-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Senior Chief

I had 180,000 before I got rid of it. AT 130,000 I replaced the valve cover, intake, front cover, supercharger gaskets, and oil cooler lines and didnt have a drop of oil under it when I got rid of it. The engine still ran like new at 180k. Other than that and a harmonic balancer(expensive) with routine maint it was an awesome car. I miss it.