1982-92 TA & FB TECH 1993-2002 TA & FB Tech is now part of the new Late Model Section of the PY Forums. Click this link to check it out.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Senior Chief

I've talked to people and they have said all you do it trip about an inch off the upper control arms and bolt it in. Also 1" wider on each side.. Anyone done this?

Old 01-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Senior Chief

I've talked to people and they have said all you do it trip about an inch off the upper control arms and bolt it in. Also 1" wider on each side.. Anyone done this?

Old 01-23-2005, 02:14 PM

I assume you mean a '78 to '82 Lemans? Yes they fit. A couple of things, my '79 came with one, the guy used the hop stop bars on the upper control arms. The upper arms had to be "massaged" to accomodate the mount holes being moved towards the front of the car by about 1-1/2". Keep in mind the angle of the early rear ears is a little different from the "G" body ears. This hole re-drill is to help the pinion angle, otherwise it would be nose up. To make it easier to get the bolts thru, you would want to mark where you want to drill the new holes after you are satisfied of the pinion angle. drill the outside hole, then install the arm and drill thru. It reads a little more complcated than it is. You can probably do it without the bars, but your'e still going to have to re-drill new holes. The '69 rear should be approx. 55-1/2" wide. Stock width is 53" (back plate to plate) With a 15x8 snowflake wheel I had 255/60-15 tire on it. Hope this helps. You can 'e' mail me if you have any questions. ligoatpar@verizon.net

Last edited by ligoatpar; 02-07-2006 at 10:49 AM. Reason: 'e' mail change