Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Wiper problem 2001 fullsize chevy truck

I bought this truck several months ago.When I replaced the passenger side wiper I noticed the arm would move if I pushed it,the drivers side stayed stationary.Later the passenger side got "lazy"and barely moved at all,yesterday it would not work.
Today the passeger wiper suddenly came alive and moved far enough over to break the drivers side wiper!What the heck is going on!?Haven't had time to check it out yet.
Thanks!

Old 04-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Senior Chief

The arms would become loose if left on with snow on them or were frozen when the wipers were turned on, or would just loosen up a bit over time and start to strip the arm. You could try to remove it and clean up the knurls inside the arm and re install it or just replace the arm. Its a 13mm socket to remove it.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Either the arm,the knob it goes on is stripped OR the rod in the cowl that makes the arm move came loose and finally cam of and pushed it too far.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The wiper arm was loose.The strange thing is the drivers side more loose than passenger,it was working fine.Glad that all it was.Thanks for the help!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to 1-GTO

I think its the Nut behind the wheel...! .....I'll trade You an old Pontiac for the Burgundy Chevy Truck!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old nut!Your a really old nut!How MANY pontiacs are we talking aboutWhen are we getting together for lunch?

Old 04-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to 1-GTO

The weekend is the best time for me....we should get together and take the Wife's over to the Winery (Vance Vineyards) in Fredericktown for a nice meal and some wine....not You whining,the real good stuff!