National Events Events that normally draw audiences from more than a 10 state range

Old 07-15-2015, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulatFast View Post
The list of Award winners is put out, I don't think they release the actual point totals.
Paul, i posted this same question in 65 64 tech also as that is where i post most time . got a similar answer there . i follow with this

I understand that this format is not a competition between cars. But I was led to believe there is a award for best in class. I was interested in the score to achieve that honor. With the thought of if that was a reachable objective.For my car.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dld View Post
I understand that this format is not a competition between cars. But I was led to believe there is a award for best in class. I was interested in the score to achieve that honor. With the thought of if that was a reachable objective.For my car.
Since we have several different judging teams, 6 this year, (64-65, 66-67, 68-69, 70-74 and two modified teams) the standards naturally deviate slightly from team to team. So instead of awarding "Best of Show" or any of the other "Best of's..." to the highest scoring cars, we assemble a team made up of the lead judge from each team, unless they have a connection to any of the cars we are looking at, and a national Officer representative, and look at the highest two pointing cars from each team. We narrow it down to the "best of" awards by inspecting each car in contention and voting on each car until clear winners are agreed to. The highest pointing car is not always the Best of Show.

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 07-15-2015, 12:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank You for your help Don

Old 07-15-2015, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very complicated, but very fair!

Old 07-27-2015, 09:26 AM
Senior Chief

Just got back from the POCI Nats yesterday. Big THANKS to the hosting clubs! Mostly everything seemed to go smoothly. Car count did seem to be down though.

One suggestion for next years convention would be to at least mention the Road Warriors class during the awards ceremonies. Yes, they did give out two long distance awards, but no other mention of the cars that actually DROVE to the event. Some from considerable distance. Minor thing, but thought I'd mention.

Everyone from the host clubs were friendly and helpful.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansvertdude View Post
Just got back from the POCI Nats yesterday. Big THANKS to the hosting clubs! Mostly everything seemed to go smoothly. Car count did seem to be down though.

One suggestion for next years convention would be to at least mention the Road Warriors class during the awards ceremonies. Yes, they did give out two long distance awards, but no other mention of the cars that actually DROVE to the event. Some from considerable distance. Minor thing, but thought I'd mention.

Everyone from the host clubs were friendly and helpful.
Who were the host clubs this year? I thought the POCI used a convention planning service now instead of having local clubs run the conventions.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 07-30-2015, 01:32 PM
Senior Chief

My bad. I thought the convention was hosted by two clubs, but it was the Louisville Pontiac Club only. They did a pretty good job. I can't imagine how much work that had to be.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulatFast View Post
Since we have several different judging teams, 6 this year, (64-65, 66-67, 68-69, 70-74 and two modified teams) the standards naturally deviate slightly from team to team. So instead of awarding "Best of Show" or any of the other "Best of's..." to the highest scoring cars, we assemble a team made up of the lead judge from each team, unless they have a connection to any of the cars we are looking at, and a national Officer representative, and look at the highest two pointing cars from each team. We narrow it down to the "best of" awards by inspecting each car in contention and voting on each car until clear winners are agreed to. The highest pointing car is not always the Best of Show.
Paul ,

Hi. I was at 2015 convention and was told to contact you about my plaque for the concourse. I left before the Saturday banquet but was told that they would mail my plaque to me . well I have not seen it yet. could you give me a idea on this.

buy the way you P/M mail box is full Thanks, Don Davis

Old 08-21-2015, 01:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dld View Post
Paul ,

Hi. I was at 2015 convention and was told to contact you about my plaque for the concourse. I left before the Saturday banquet but was told that they would mail my plaque to me . well I have not seen it yet. could you give me a idea on this.

buy the way you P/M mail box is full Thanks, Don Davis
Cleared out some room in the PM Box...

Doug is the one sending out the Awards. I think they all went out. I'll check with Doug and let you know if yours was sent or where it is.

www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 08-21-2015, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you Paul. called Doug but he has not called back. Tom GTOAA pres. gave me both your #'s thanks for response Don

Old 08-21-2015, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talked to Doug. He's got a couple of concours awards to go out yet... Including yours. Summer goes too fast! After our show we had a week to recover before the
POCI Show... Then no time to recover before Norwalk! Getting caught up now between work and family obligations. You will have the Award soon, it's in the pipeline...

www.fastrestorations.com

Old 08-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

thanks much

Old 09-23-2015, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Paul , I still have not revived my plaque from the convention. Could you give me some direction in witch to head with this issue.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There is no direction to head with this issue. The issue is I have been working 60 hours a week. Drive an hour to work and an hour home. Post Office is not open when I am in my hometown and I can't get out of work to head to the Post Office. I will do my best to get them out this week or give them to someone else that can take care of it. I apologize for the delay. -Doug

Old 09-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for heads up Doug. keep my informed.

Don

Old 09-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Arrow POCI convention planning models...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
Who were the host clubs this year? I thought the POCI used a convention planning service now instead of having local clubs run the conventions.
Hi Jerry,
In my experience, POCI prefers to use convention planning organizations such as the local convention bureaus or the convention hotels themselves only when there is no local POCI chapter/s that volunteer to furnish the "boots on the ground". All BOD members are expected to perform various administrative duties, coordinate the activities of other volunteers, oversee the vendors, and actively meet & greet all attendees .

Planning and conducting an international convention is a very difficult task that has split up more than one healthy chapter and left a few chapters struggling to survive . The availability of a strong local chapter making a viable bid for a convention and having a local hotel with seating for 800+ for the awards dinner are two of the most important requirements of selecting a certain city or locale for hosting a POCI international convention.

'65 Buick Sport Wagon Custom, 340, T350, 3:23
'66 GTO Post/468, 700R4, 3.31 (Mike's as of 9-16)
'68 Grand Prix/455, dual AFBs, T400, 2:93 posi (sold)
'72 TA tribute/461, T400, 3.08, (Russ's as of 9-16)
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Turbo, Konis, 5 speed
'09 Torrent GXP, nav, Sun & Sound pkg., Bilsteins
Old 09-23-2015, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspin View Post
Hi Jerry,
In my experience, POCI prefers to use convention planning organizations such as the local convention bureaus or the convention hotels themselves only when there is no local POCI chapter/s that volunteer to furnish the "boots on the ground". All BOD members are expected to perform various administrative duties, coordinate the activities of other volunteers, oversee the vendors, and actively meet & greet all attendees .

Planning and conducting an international convention is a very difficult task that has split up more than one healthy chapter and left a few chapters struggling to survive . The availability of a strong local chapter making a viable bid for a convention and having a local hotel with seating for 800+ for the awards dinner are two of the most important requirements of selecting a certain city or locale for hosting a POCI international convention.
Very aware of this Les! Our local chapter in Atlanta went away after we hosted the POCI convention in 1984. I remember it well. And to this date their is still no chapter in Atlanta.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 10-29-2015, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyponchos View Post
There is no direction to head with this issue. The issue is I have been working 60 hours a week. Drive an hour to work and an hour home. Post Office is not open when I am in my hometown and I can't get out of work to head to the Post Office. I will do my best to get them out this week or give them to someone else that can take care of it. I apologize for the delay. -Doug
Good news . I received the plaque. Its very nice. Thanks for everyone's effort.

D.L.Davis

Old 10-30-2015, 01:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

hi i dont know if i got a plaque i left to get home the wife not well can some one check for me steve brody black 64 gto in modified thanks

Old 10-30-2015, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve, you received one and someone picked it up for you. The plaque for concours was a laser engraved frame with a certificate stating Bronze/Silver/Gold and the vehicle VIN. I know it was picked up at the awards ceremony, but don't recall who picked it up. Any friends there that would have grabbed it? If you have difficulty finding it, please let me know. -Doug