THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 10:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Huge loss to this forum...... shame

400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
The Following User Says Thank You to 67GTONUT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2021, 01:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What a loss to this site.

His Qjet book is a treasure and his advice on this site was shared to help others, not to debate, boast, nor brag.

For those like me with little experience and much to learn, his posts were high value - part of what makes this site worth following. I am disappointed to hear he left for what a few on this forum chose to spew. Sux.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shiny For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2021, 03:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

One more here that's sorry to see Cliff leave the site. I've talked to him a few times and ordered several kits and other things carb related. Very generous with his time and knowledge. His Q-jet book is one of the most practical and useful 'how to' books I've ever read on any subject.
I never got impression that he was trying to brag, impress anyone or puff up his reputation through self promotion.... although, in my opinion he has skills that he could brag about.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2021, 02:24 PM

True That GREG!

Old 12-10-2021, 03:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I REALLY hate seeing Cliff leave this forum. Unlike many who seem they have to comment on every post, whether they have firsthand knowledge of the subject or not, Cliff had tons of valuable experience. From Quadrajets, to quite a variety of Pontiac engine builds, he has tried a lot of different combinations over the years, all of which he was happy to share the results of. I for one much appreciated his posts! I really don't understand the trolling and constant arguing from some on this forum. State your (hopefully informed) opinion on the subject and move on.

62' Lemans, Nostalgia Super Stock, 541 CI, IA2 block, billet 4.5" crank, Ross, Wide port Edelbrocks, Gustram intake, 2 4150 style BLP carbs, 2.10 Turbo 400, 9" w/4:30 gears, 8.76 @153, 3100lbs
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gary H For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2021, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When a person drops their stuff to help another for free, that's pretty decent of them. Cliff Was that kinda guy. He helped me more than once.. Thank you Cliff.

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chuckies76ta For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 07:24 AM

Hopefully anyone that wanted to read Cliffs reason for leaving the forum in his own words got to. Like so many things these days it has been cancelled/removed/censored.

I guess truths are some times hard to accept.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Skidmark For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 09:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

In order to protect the truth, we now need to implement censorship of opposing view points.
Part of the “Build back mo betta” plan end of paragraph….

236 244@ .050 108 LSA .511 lift, duration 289,297 @.oo6
Edelbrock Aluminum 87cc round port heads Larger valves ,ported polished and cut
Powerjection3,T2 manifold, Try-y’s
Flowcooler water pump.
71 formula with TKO600,hydraulic clutch 3.42 posi and 26 inch tire.
17x9 YO Honeycombs with Nitto 555's
The Following User Says Thank You to lfdsteve For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Hopefully anyone that wanted to read Cliffs reason for leaving the forum in his own words got to. Like so many things these days it has been cancelled/removed/censored.

Great. I guess the donut maker gets to carry on.
If anyone needs to know how much clearance to set up oatmeal cookies on a sheet, donut maker is the go-to guy.

Last edited by 400 4spd.; 12-11-2021 at 10:46 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 400 4spd. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
If anyone needs to know how much clearance to set up oatmeal cookies on a sheet, donut maker is the go-to guy.
I see Cliff also talked to you also before his exit.........."Donut Guy" was the moniker he used.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 12-11-2021, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
donut maker.. LOL!

i didnt see his exit post, looks like its been censored or removed for some reason... but knew he was getting away from the hobby & racing when i last talked to him on the phone earlier this year & saw his car for sale post.

x20+ on missing cliff around here, he was without a doubt the most helpful member on this site, from his lengthy & well written replies to peoples questions or how he handled the resident trolls & harassment he received... he "didnt give 2 squirts of duck poop about them", just kept on being a great guy & offering help whenever he could.... funny/sad how anyone would take his help & knowledge as stroking his own ego or refer to him as a internet forum hero.

cliff has done a few carbs for me over the years & even fixed an issue on the last carb that wasnt his fault for free when a defective idle mixture screw broke off in the hole. also talked with me for quite awhile addressing a fuel starvation issue i was having at the track on low 11 sec runs, he sent me 3 bigger needle/seats to test out for only the cost of shipping!

thank you cliff for the countless times you have talked to me on the phone, replied to my messages or replied to threads ive posted questions on over the years. im sure cliff has done well for himself with his carb business, but he would be a very rich man if he charged for the knowledge & help he has given people over the years for... FREE!

this forum isnt the same without him & a select few others that have left or dont post much anymore.

Last edited by 78w72; 12-11-2021 at 11:26 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 78w72 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post

Really!?!?!!

why would anyone delete that?

I come to a place like this to get away from that kind of crap!

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unruhjonny For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 11:52 AM

We had two members going at it on the forums, basically disagreeing on camshaft use. Silly, but when two egos clash they seem to want to double down and battle to the death.

Both were demanding that we ban the other through pms or using the post reporting system. Both were told not to respond to the other or to ignore them.

We can’t remove members for challenging a long time member here. If people can’t agree to disagree then what should we do, pick and choose the more popular members and ban the less popular ones who bump heads with them?

The underhanded trashing of our moderators in a somewhat hidden exit message in Cliff’s profile was a low blow. I noticed it months ago but I didn’t remove it as I wanted everyone to read it, one of the administrators did as is their right to do so.

This site is what the members make it. We can only try as moderators to keep the site somewhat sane, we spend hours here for free just like the more helpful members posting information here.

Anyone is welcome to join our forums and are also welcome to say goodbye at any time for whatever reason they might have.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread