The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 07-23-2001, 12:20 PM

Restoring my 74 Bird and when pulling out the engine we nicked the fiberglass case that houses the A/C evaporator along with other things. Just wondering if there is any way to restore these pieces? Case does not have a hole in it just a gouge. Anyone out there ever repaired, dyed, painted or done anything to improve the looks but keep a stock appearance? If so please share some details.

Old 07-23-2001, 12:20 PM

Restoring my 74 Bird and when pulling out the engine we nicked the fiberglass case that houses the A/C evaporator along with other things. Just wondering if there is any way to restore these pieces? Case does not have a hole in it just a gouge. Anyone out there ever repaired, dyed, painted or done anything to improve the looks but keep a stock appearance? If so please share some details.

Old 07-23-2001, 10:00 PM
Senior Chief

It can be fixed with fiberglass repair strips..... You would have to work in a small area, so as not to scuff any other part of it. The paint color I'm not to sure of.....

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

"More tears are shed from answered prayers, than unanswered prayers"