The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 08-13-2001, 03:28 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows of a book or website, where I can get a listing of the paint codes for 68? Just curious if where to locate this info. Thanks a lot.

Old 08-13-2001, 03:28 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows of a book or website, where I can get a listing of the paint codes for 68? Just curious if where to locate this info. Thanks a lot.

Old 08-13-2001, 04:28 PM

I have a copy of the GTO red book with all the color codes.there are 16 colors listed,which one were you interested in?

Old 08-13-2001, 08:19 PM

On the id plate on the firewall, it says QQ next to paint, I'm assuming that is the code. Where can I get that book? Thanks a lot.

Old 08-13-2001, 11:18 PM

Here's a link to some 68 samples...
http://ultimategto.com/68colors.htm

[This message has been edited by Kurt Zimmerman (edited 08-13-2001).]

Old 08-14-2001, 03:36 PM

Thanks. Of all those colors it had to be that verdoro green,lol. There are a lot of cool colors though. I have one other question, anyone know where I can find the interior color code?

Old 08-14-2001, 04:56 PM

i think the GTO restoration book gives all the paint and interior codes.mine is with my car in new jersey where it's getting some engine work done so i can't help right now.i have a 68 verdoro green. it's been gone over with a shade darker green since it saw some sideswiping action prior to me owning it. it has parchment interior which gives me more options on color change. the verdoro green wasn't a bad color when new but i don't know what color i want yet. since i don't plan on selling the car and made changes to it, and want to drive it regularly, i'm definitly changing it when i'm done with the body works.i would prefer a pontiac color though. good luck with your goat.

Old 08-14-2001, 05:00 PM

Performance Years has the red book in their catalog for $12.The interior color code is a 3 digit number on your I.D plate.Do you have bucket seats or bench? Bucket seats=teal 219 turquoise220,gold221,black223,parchment224, red225.Bench seats=black235,parchment236.Good luck.

Old 08-14-2001, 08:09 PM

Hey thanks a lot guys. I bought my goat in 94, and it is still painted the same color red as when I bought it. I don't know if it is a pontiac color or not. I am currently restoring it, and was interested in making it close to original, but I don't know about the green. I am also gonna go with a pontiac color I'm just not sure yet. Right now my interior is all black and was kinda wanting to go to a different color on that as well. Thanks again and i'll keep you posted.