Old 02-05-2010, 10:37 AM

Default 1961 Bonneville 4-speed coupe WANTED

Hello everyone. I have come here often but never have registered until now. I am a Buick guy thru and thru, but Pontiacs are always trying to overtake that spot. Great cars! OK, so I am well aware nearly everyone on the planet wants a 61 Bonneville 4-speed coupe, but I am seriously looking for one. I am particularly wanting a nice unmolested original with the original drivetrain, from a complete rust-free project to a nice nice nice original. I do not want a 100% restored car, I would prefer some wear and tear to something restored. Strange, I know. Tri-power and bucket seats are not a must, but either or both would just be icing on the cake. Color is also not important. Being an original 4-speed with its original trans and motor is important, though.

I can't stress how bad I want one of these cars. Every 61 Bonneville coupe I see a photo of just kills me, I want one so bad. For the past several years I have even collected tons of NOS and good used Bonneville parts just for the eventual 4-speed that will come my way. Of all the cars I have wanted and searched for, this particular car along with a nice original 57-59 DeSoto Adventurer coupe have been the hardest thing for me to find. A finder's fee will be gladly paid if you lead me to one that can be bought. I am a collector, and sell nothing. If I find one of these and buy it, the next time it will be for sale will be in my estate sale, unless my daughter decides to keep it. I'm 38, so hopefully that will be a LONG time from now. Someone out there, somewhere has the perfect car for me that is just hogging up space in their garage, so please let me know.

Have fun!

Matt

Old 02-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to poison heart

Glad to have you aboard Matt. I love your wildcat

Still got that Catalina 2 dr post?

1959 Star Chief 4 Dr HT dual quad 389 4 speed
1962 Pontiac Plain Jane Catalina

http://pontiac-59.com/
Old 02-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Thanks Rob! Yep, the 63 isn't going anywhere any time soon. Still have that extra 3-speed laying around?

Wouldn't also happen to have a stick 61 Bonne hiding on the ranch, would you? Been looking for one for going on 12 years.

Take care!

Matt

Old 02-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I still have your 3 speed. I don't know if it's any good but input and output shafts spin and don't have excessive play.

I'll save this 3 speed Hurst shifter for you also.

Nope, no 61s. The 61s are cool but the 62s are just so much better haha

Old 02-06-2010, 08:03 PM

Sweet! The 63 will be perfect for that trans and shifter.

I am glad you say that about the 61s, because when you open up that dusty old barn and sitting in there is a pretty mint green 61 Bonneville stick-shift, you know who to call! I have the red emergeny phone with me at all times.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

haha Ok Matt I'll keep an eye out.