Old 02-03-2016, 09:22 AM

Default '71 or '72 Grand Prix

Looking for a 1971-72 Grand Prix. Might consider a 1969-70 if it's nearby and the price and condition are right (though my parts stock is geared more towards the latter two years).

Need not be perfect, roadworthy, or even complete. Just looking for something relatively clean and straight to make into a driver.

Not numbers matching? Missing or destroyed motor, tranny, rear end? Hit on some panel that can be unbolted? Interior falling apart? If it's got one of those issues, no problem! Even if it's got several of these issues, I'd still consider it a definite maybe.

What would be a problem? Major rust, full of Bondo, rear-end collision, rollover, or other body/frame issues that aren't easily corrected; or anything that's a total basket case. Remember, my goal here is to throw together a somewhat presentable driver. It'll be getting a loving home and regular use, but it'll likely never be treated to a hundred point restoration.

I'd be looking to spend $6K or less - "cash and carry" deal (you get cash, I put it on the trailer, done!). Must have clear title. The ideal candidate would be located within a few hundred miles of Minneapolis, but am willing to travel if you've got what I want.

I'm not in a huge hurry... if I can get it bought and drivable within the next six months, I'd be happy.

If you've got a Prix laying around, needing a good home - or if you know anyone who does - let's talk. I can be reached by phone at (320) 496-6111, or by emailing keith [at] kanabec.net

Old 02-07-2016, 10:16 PM

I've got a 1971 up for sale. It's a non original 400 with #16 heads, it's a Montana car, power driver seat, tilt column, brand new vinyl top and windshield. I'm asking $4800, but the car is in Ohio.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:19 AM

Never mind Keith. I sold the car.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:29 PM

Keith, have you seen my 69 for sale in the big car section? I'm willing to negotiate on price and it's a nice running original. It has rust in the typical spots for a car in the Midwest...nothing I would consider major depending on your definition. Definitely can be fixed without any major body panel replacement according to the shops I've talked to. The interior is mint and the car is loaded with options.