WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Interior Tech

04-06 Interior Tech Everything that goes on inside the GTO. Dash related, Upholstery related, Console related, etc.

Old 05-22-2004, 09:46 PM

Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the factory head unit/amp? I really want some kind of line-in for my portable MP3 player, and I don't believe the factory unit has anything like that.

In general, I'm not terribly impressed with the Blaupunkt setup in the GTO. My 2000 Jetta's Monsoon system blew it away IMO. The stereo is really my only complaint with the car. It moves, and gets plenty of comments and stares too.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:46 PM

Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the factory head unit/amp? I really want some kind of line-in for my portable MP3 player, and I don't believe the factory unit has anything like that.

In general, I'm not terribly impressed with the Blaupunkt setup in the GTO. My 2000 Jetta's Monsoon system blew it away IMO. The stereo is really my only complaint with the car. It moves, and gets plenty of comments and stares too.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:58 AM

try

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...=remove+stereo

you also might want to check and see if the stereo limiter is on.