Old 12-30-2020, 10:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Wanted 70-72 Lemans Wagon

I'm looking for a very solid 70 to 72 Lemans wagon and prefer it to be a Lemans sport. The body needs to be solid, but I'm okay with it needing paint, interior work, mechanicals etc. I'm also willing to pay a fair price (cash) for a car that's already done. Will look anywhere in the country, but I'm in Wisconsin.

Also, if anyone is interested in a trade, I can work an even up deal for a worthy car of the same value or some cash back to me for a car of lesser value. Here's what I have to trade:

2004 Millennium Yellow Corvette roadster - Automatic and heavily optioned. Never seen rain or any bad weather since I purchased it. Still has nibs on the tires. Roughly 7900 miles.. Yeah, that's it. I purchased it used from a Rick Hendrick dealership that sells his toy cars in Charlotte with a little over 2K miles on it. According to them, it was in his personal collection before I bought it. This car could be in a museum. All original (except for the oil).

2015 Anniversary Limited Edition Mustang - Car number 1416 of the 1965 that were built. Has roughly 2500 miles and is still under warranty as I bought it brand new in 2018 from a dealer in North Carolina that still had it on the show room floor. Comes with all original documentation and promotional materials including the welcome kit. This is another museum ready car, or just drive and enjoy it. One look at the giant factory Brembo brakes and additional gauges in the dash and you know it means business.

This is a Wimbledon white car as in this car and driver article

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...and-info-news/

I'm not in any hurry on this. With snow falling here, I prefer to wait til spring to do this, but would like to start planting seeds now.

Old Joe

Old 12-30-2020, 09:46 PM

Give me a ring we have multiple wagons, 262-613-6994

Old 01-27-2021, 08:18 PM
Senior Chief

Probably not what you are looking for but there is an interesting 1971 LeMans/GTO wagon on Los Angeles craigslist. Looks to be a bit of a project.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There was a nice original survivor on FB Marketplace. Guy was asking $20K in California.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Redline who was the first to reply (much to my jubilant surprise) made me aware of a family owned wagon that likely will be available for sale locally when the grass starts to turn green here in Wisconsin. For now, I'm sitting pat with the notion that spring will hopefully be bringing me my next project. Thanks to all who showed interest. BTW.............. if you ain't seen Redline's bitchin wagon, you are really missing it.

Old Joe