Old 09-17-2021, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Have you seen this 65 GTO restoration?

His YT channel is pretty good going over the restoration and metal replacement on a 65 GTO post coupe. Figured I'd share it if you haven't seen it.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPi...PuS88ElVkXfkBQ

Old 09-18-2021, 11:32 AM

I'm subscribed and have been following this and his '68 Charger build. He does nice work in a home garage without a lift and basic metal forming tools. I can't imagine having 2 totally rusty projects going at the same time but he makes good progress and his results are certainly acceptable to me.

Old 09-18-2021, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for sharing! I'll be watching his videos. It's pretty funny to hear him praising how "solid" his "California" car is, though. Everything is relative, but that body shell is WAY more rusted out than my '66 from Michigan was. More power to him! Glad he's saving another one. One thing I don't quite understand is why he is doing all the metal work on it before having it blasted. Once he does all the metal work and then has it blasted before paint, he may discover additional pinholes or thin spots that will need to be addressed.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild

Last edited by ZeGermanHam; 09-18-2021 at 12:26 PM.