Old 01-07-2015, 11:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Issues with posting new threads

The last 2 for sale ads that I have posted ended up in a forum DIFFERENT from the one in which I posted.

I thought the first one might be my fault; so was very careful this morning and had the same result.

Windows 7, I.E. 11, both with automatic updates.

Any hints?

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Administrator

I've never heard of that happening before.
When you are starting a new thread, it tells you what section you are posting in (ie. Test & Tune, The Lobby, Big Pontiac (incl G-body)Parts For SALE, etc...) in the upper left.
Next time you start a thread, pay attention to that. If it's different than what you intended, back up and double check the section you were in when you clicked New Thread.
If that stays the same, then see if the section changes after you submit your post.
I'm trying to figure out if it's changing the section before you type your message or after you click submit.

Also, if you need a thread moved to a different section, let me know.

Steve

Old 01-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve - I think it is my computer that may be angry with me for some reason. The same thing happened today on an auction site. I bid on lot number 437, and the bid was placed on lot 133. They were not even on the same page!

Methinks a reboot is in order. If if happens again, I may try reloading I.E.

Thanks for your answer.

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.