Old 08-14-2022, 12:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW,Ken Freeman is there with the old Bill Blair real 63 SD tempest mule car.No longer has the transaxle.Sent me a video of a 10.63 124MPH pass.Real 63 SD engine in the car.He was running against the 63 2 door Stationwagon that Scott Tieman built.Tom

Old 08-14-2022, 01:25 PM
Boost Engineer

Tom S. Who is the current owner of the 1963 2 door wagon (one of a kind modified 4 door wagon) who was running that car??

Randy must have had well over 150K into that car and years ago and after Randy's passing I believe it sold for 85K.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-14-2022, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It sold once for 35K!I think a guy in PA bought the car from the guy that bought Randys stuff.I think Mike Huffman just sold it last year.Tom

Old 08-14-2022, 08:25 PM
Senior Chief

I bought it from Tom Dancer from New Jersey last year and sold it to Mike Greene from A1 auto parts, who is the current owner. Jim Wade

The Following User Says Thank You to ta-69 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2022, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike, I did see Butler's stuff on west side Saturday.
We didn't walk that far over when we looked around on that side Friday.
(not much time, brother was racing)

The Final of the Frantic Four:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frantic4-final-_20220813_Summit Motorsports Park.jpg
Views:	953
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	596459   Click image for larger version

Name:	frantic4-final1-_20220813_Summit Motorsports Park.jpg
Views:	966
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	596460  

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 08-14-2022, 09:38 PM
Suspended

So I guess kre flopped again this year with their cars..did they oil down the track or just never make it to the line?

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Roberts For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2022, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Neither the KRE guys or the Butlers ran their personal race cars at the event this year. The KRE tent had covered parking and I assume technical help and service for their top customers cars. I did not see a serious oil down from any race car on Friday or Saturday. I headed home around 5:00 PM Saturday so I didn't see probably 30-40% of the racing that happened Sat. night and Sunday. I was impressed with the small number of on-track problems I saw this year. The crew at Norwalk seemed to do a good job staying on top of the racing surface, dragging and spraying after each large group of street tire cars finished their runs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2022, 11:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Without any posts by the 'banned' PY member posts on Norwalk, this thread is sparce.

The place is packed to the gills. No video, though.

The 'banned' PY member ran a breakout 7.9x in Gambler's race.

Kauffman's has a large display of many parts.
(didn't see Butler or AP there?)

Some stuff:
John- FYI the KRE billet block shown and labeled in your pic has cam in stock location, You have it labeled as a raised cam- it is not. BTY nice to see you

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11

Last edited by Steve Barcak; 08-14-2022 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-14-2022, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarson View Post
Back to topic:

Butler has a big display as usual. Talked to David and Rodney, bought an oil pan.
Didn't find AP and Frank wasn't in Frantic Four.
Mike Cooper wins Frantic Four.
Great weather, safe racing, big swap meet and car show.
Arnie is here, doing well, holding court 😎
Jeff Kauffman didn't bring his car and Steve Dale didn't make it so we get to keep our 250 record a bit longer.

Eric
I had wondered on AP as well as I did not see them. strange. Also, sorry I did not get to see you while there this time.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 08-15-2022, 04:10 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Neither the KRE guys or the Butlers ran their personal race cars at the event this year. The KRE tent had covered parking and I assume technical help and service for their top customers cars. I did not see a serious oil down from any race car on Friday or Saturday. I headed home around 5:00 PM Saturday so I didn't see probably 30-40% of the racing that happened Sat. night and Sunday. I was impressed with the small number of on-track problems I saw this year. The crew at Norwalk seemed to do a good job staying on top of the racing surface, dragging and spraying after each large group of street tire cars finished their runs.
Always appreciate ur kind post... however, I'm not so kind.. I'm surprised KRE or thier customers didn't oil down the track..
I may have to get back in the game just to let them know they suck as engine builders... they are good as parts copiers...just look around... anything that works, they copy... in my opinion of course...

Old 08-15-2022, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
This place is getting ridiculous with banning people.
lol

Old 08-15-2022, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
Always appreciate ur kind post... however, I'm not so kind.. I'm surprised KRE or thier customers didn't oil down the track..
I may have to get back in the game just to let them know they suck as engine builders... they are good as parts copiers...just look around... anything that works, they copy... in my opinion of course...
lolol !!

Old 08-15-2022, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
So I guess kre flopped again this year with their cars..did they oil down the track or just never make it to the line?
lololol !! now I sense a bit of resentment...
is there any videos up of the event other than the 2 on youtube now ?
I'd like to see the drag races. the vintage race cars in the show area were awesome in the 2 vids I watched.
no vids up of Arnie's Beswick's cars.

Last edited by GTO-relic; 08-15-2022 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-15-2022, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Without any posts by the 'banned' PY member posts on Norwalk, this thread is sparce.

The place is packed to the gills. No video, though.
yes...I noticed the video uploads on youtube were not what they used to be. too bad. in some ways biggest show ever, with the most minimum coverage. and people going home a day early ? what's up with that.

Old 08-15-2022, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebird View Post
ok, I'll bite: NSS?
Nostalgia Super Stock is easily the largest category at the NMCA (Nostalgia Muscle Car Association) events, with 30 or so cars.

https://www.nmcadigital.com/

Lotsa MOPARs, though.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 08-15-2022, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
FWIW,Ken Freeman is there with the old Bill Blair real 63 SD tempest mule car.No longer has the transaxle.Sent me a video of a 10.63 124MPH pass.Real 63 SD engine in the car.He was running against the 63 2 door Stationwagon that Scott Tieman built.Tom
Did Bill Blair sell the mule car?

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 08-15-2022, 08:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I was talking to the guy from I think Georgia, that bought Arnies 63 Catalina. I asked him did Bill Blair sell the Tempest he said ,yes. Next years Norwalk Pete Woodruff wants all the original 63 SD cars remaining to be there as a 50th anniversary.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2022, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
I had wondered on AP as well as I did not see them. strange. Also, sorry I did not get to see you while there this time.
Sorry I missed you as well, Steve. I need to do a better job of tracking who will be there next year. Always enjoy talking Pontiacs with you.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:52 AM

No one mentioned Cygan’s 6.43 @187 pass Friday in the frantic 4 qualifying. He had to let out of it at about 1000’ mark. He was doing 187 in the 1/8. I talked to him briefly he was unfortunately fighting some electrical issue and couldn’t get it sorted out. If I recall last year he MPH 235+.

Old 08-15-2022, 11:16 AM
Boost Engineer

Is that a twin turbo car??

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.