Old 11-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Forum Problems

Is anyone else not getting notified on their private email when they get a PM or a response to a thread they are subscribed to? For years it has worked like a charm. Then here recently I quit getting notified when I had a PM or a response to a thread. I have checked and all the settings are the same. I sent two notices to the web master but no response. It is a real headache having to check your PM's everyday and check every thread you are watching. I wish someone could help fix this.

Dale

Old 11-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

On the banner at the top of the page go to User CP,
Under Settings click Edit Options
Under Default Thread Subscription Mode use the pull down button to select your notification.

If this doesn't work you may want to check your e-mail spam settings to see if they are blocking the forum notifications.

I have mine set to No E-mail Notification - otherwise I'd be getting 50+ a day!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
On the banner at the top of the page go to User CP,
Under Settings click Edit Options
Under Default Thread Subscription Mode use the pull down button to select your notification.

If this doesn't work you may want to check your e-mail spam settings to see if they are blocking the forum notifications.

I have mine set to No E-mail Notification - otherwise I'd be getting 50+ a day!
I have done all of that. The settings are still the same as they have been for years. I use Windows Live for email and those settings haven't changed. As a matter of fact when something comes in that Live thinks is bad it sends it to junk and allows you to decide if you want to keep it or discard it. The problem is the forum is not sending out a notice even though the settings are set for me to receive notices. I am hoping an administrator will step in and help. I posted this on the complaint forum as well. I just know it is a PITA not getting notices.
Dale

Old 11-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Dale
I replied to your most recent email on Tuesday and haven't gotten any kind of "could not deliver" email back. Since it seems you never got that email, I'm guessing that your mail provider is blocking all emails from my address.
I just send some emails from different email addresses. Please let me know if you receive any of them.

Steve

Old 11-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm_fan View Post
Dale
I replied to your most recent email on Tuesday and haven't gotten any kind of "could not deliver" email back. Since it seems you never got that email, I'm guessing that your mail provider is blocking all emails from my address.
I just send some emails from different email addresses. Please let me know if you receive any of them.

Steve
Steve,
I got those emails and responded back. But I did not get notified that someone responded to this thread. I might have to call AT&T and see what is going on. What is the email address that the forum uses?
Dale