Old 11-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Suspended

Talking Pontiac's in the Barn!

To our mutual PY members,

Although we have posted quite a few of these images on the PY website we wanted to share the www.TachRev.com website postings and include "The Rest of The Story" about our cars and the images we have posted intended as an encouragement to all that are seeking their "Dream" Pontiac(s)...there are still MANY deals to be found!

Going along with the theme of Muscle Car Bargains in Hemmings Muscle Machines I thought that I should update you.

(2) GTO’s we purchased this year we paid less than $5,000 for each one.

1967 GTO 400 4-spd with A/C – this was a daily driver for the past 17 years a woman within a mile from our home…I heard about this one at work one day and then brought it home. This is a complete running GTO with TEXAS rust (typical minor rust) and my wife was amazed at how much attention this car received at one of the local Saturday night meets with 200+ cars in attendance – she noted that their was a group of people around the car all night. I’ve had offers to sell it - as is - for more than 4 times what we paid for it but my wife won’t hear of it. This one – the 67 GTO - and our 1979 Y-84 Black T/A are her two favorites in our collection.

1969 GTO Roller ex-S/ST Drag car with a one piece removable glass nose, roll cage, etc. – I had it shipped to Houston from Arizona as you see it now for the princely sum of $400. This one is a “rough canvas” with many ideas about the final vehicle in my head for now.

We have the PHS documentation on both of these (and all 5 of our Pontiacs) and are in the process of collecting parts to build them both the way we want them.

Here’s a link for some images of both GTO’s:

http://www.tachrev.com/Johengenspg18...hengens463ajpg

And

http://www.tachrev.com/Johengenspg17...hengens472ajpg

Main links to our Pontiacs:

http://www.tachrev.com/Johengens.htm Trans Am’s & Grand Am

http://www.tachrev.com/Johengens2.htm Grand Am

http://www.tachrev.com/Johengens3.htm GTO’s and T/A

I always love a great deal, just like the stories in the Tom Cotter books: The Cobra in the Barn, and The Hemi in the Barn. Both of these books are a must read if you have not had the pleasure yet, and they include vehicles of every make mark and location. After watching the February 07 Barrett Jackson auctions I never would have thought that I could have found a 67 GTO for less than $5k, let alone within a mile of our home in today’s inflated market!

Thank you for your time and I hope in some small way that this brings you some automotive pleasure. We encourage all to share in their Pontiac finds! It would be great to be able to have our own Pontiac section (or perhaps even a complete book dedicated to Pontiacs!) in one of Tom Cotters books titled "The Pontiacs in the Barn".

To submit your Pontiac stories email them to: tcotter@cobrainthebarn.com and make sure you tell him it’s from what you read in the PYwebsite!

Last edited by Alvin; 11-10-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

very nice thread. Love the Grand Am.
patrick

Old 11-10-2007, 09:43 PM

You got that 67 for under 5K.............My god, what a deal.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry H
You got that 67 for under 5K.............My god, what a deal.
That's like hitting the daily lottery...Only better.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Thanks guys! I've attached pics of Tom Cotters two previous book covers here for all to see - in case they have missed them.

Drop Tom an email with your Pontiac stories and perhaps be part of a "new trend" for Pontiacs!

To submit your Pontiac stories email them to: tcotter@cobrainthebarn.com and make sure you tell him it’s from what you read in the Performance Years forum website!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cobra-in-the-barn.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	111114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hemi in the Barn.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	111115  

Old 11-12-2007, 08:20 PM

Great inspiration, thank you!

Mine was more of a driveway disaster than a barn find but close haha

Old 11-13-2007, 03:21 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Grammar does make a difference in this thread title-
"Pontiac's in the Barn" = Pontiac [singular] is in the barn.
"Pontiacs in the Barn" = [two or more] Pontiacs in the barn

Old 11-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_400
Great inspiration, thank you!

Mine was more of a driveway disaster than a barn find but close haha
That's the spirit 67_400!! Your good hearted reply is appreciated.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here is my GTO in the barn. Yes it is under restoration.

Chassis is nearly ready to be reassembled.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 64 Convert Bonneville Buckets & Rebuilt 389

Found this online. Ad was only up for a week or two, then pulled. Fortunately I printed it. Been sitting for 10-15 years in a body shop. Had a '76 400 with a Turbo 400 in it. 389 was rebuilt with ram air cam and sitting on an engine stand in plastic for 5-10 years. Also had the Super Hydramatic/Jetaway. Just put the original engine in her with a Turbo 375 and she runs with a purpose. Like to find the transmission linkages, but think it will be next to impossible. Buckets, console, 8-lugs, dual exhaust, factory air shocks. Bought from original owner with all paperwork. Almost no rust, except trunk. I run and drive her now. New paint this winter.

Name:	AASmall.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	113079

Name:	AA3Small.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	113080

Name:	AA2Small.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	113081

Old 12-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAquaBonney
Found this online. Ad was only up for a week or two, then pulled. Fortunately I printed it. Been sitting for 10-15 years in a body shop. Had a '76 400 with a Turbo 400 in it. 389 was rebuilt with ram air cam and sitting on an engine stand in plastic for 5-10 years. Also had the Super Hydramatic/Jetaway. Just put the original engine in her with a Turbo 375 and she runs with a purpose. Like to find the transmission linkages, but think it will be next to impossible. Buckets, console, 8-lugs, dual exhaust, factory air shocks. Bought from original owner with all paperwork. Almost no rust, except trunk. I run and drive her now. New paint this winter.
I had nearly the same experiance with the same car. Found a 64 Bonne comvert in the paper for sale by the wife of the original owner. Car sat untouched for 10 years. The husband was the last to drive the car just days before he died. Wife couldnt drive so there it sat until I came along and bought it. Had all peprwork on everything they ever did to the car including the bill of sale with included undercoating. I loved that thing. Still sorry I sold it now. And that was almost 7 years ago.