WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So, F**d is bringing out an all-new Mustang GT. Motor Trend prints an exclusive "Track Test" and comes up with some performance numbers: 1/4 mile - 13.6 @ 99.9; Slalom avg mph - 66.1; Braking 60-0 - 120ft; figure-8 - 26.61sec.@ 0.67 avg g. In their side bar commentary they offer this remark, "In case you're wondering how the new Mustang stacks up against the GTO; The American pony is faster and nimbler than the Australian-bred goat–automatic or manual...".

Let's go to the Road Test Results section of this same magazine, on page 180. There we find the 12/03 test results performed on the 2004 Pontiac GTO M6: 1/4 mile - 13.6 @ 104.8; Slalom avg mph - 63.5; Braking 60-0 - 120ft; figure-8 - 26.4sec.@ 0.68 avg g.

Faster? not by a long shot. Nimbler? Slalom, yes, braking, tie, figure-8, no way. Remember, the new Mustang is about 300 lbs lighter than the slightly pudgy goat, yet the GTO brakes as well and runs the figure-8 better than 2 tenths faster and pulls a better gforce. Sounds like a little blue oval favoratisim in play here. Or maybe the author can't comprehend and compare simple statistics.

Oh wait, FoMoCo has purchased advertising on 15 pages in this issue. Is it just me, or does somebody else detect a little journalistic prejudice/brain fart here?
Old 12-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Stop your whining. Motor Trend wants to sell magazines. You don't sell magazines featuring performance evaluations on GM Monaros....boring.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Better faster car.........

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Champ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whatza monaro??:
Stop your whining. Motor Trend wants to sell magazines. You don't sell magazines featuring performance evaluations on GM Monaros....boring. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Motor Trend makes alot more money selling advertising.

...Oh now that's a newsflash. Most media does make the majority of their revenue in advertising receipts.

And it is you that is boring. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

....boring enough to get your attention...unlike your beloved Monaro.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whatza monaro??:
....boring enough to get your attention...unlike your beloved Monaro. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You flatter yourself...
Old 12-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Goathead

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Meanwhile my '05 Goat <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to see a picture of it. When are you "supposed to" you get it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJrDl3nRNCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvywdocl4GA

http://ultimategto.com/icongraf/65headtitle.jpg
Old 12-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Stop your whining. Motor Trend wants to sell magazines. You don't sell magazines featuring performance evaluations on GM Monaros....boring. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Motor Trend makes alot more money selling advertising.

And it is you that is boring.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:42 AM
Senior Chief

This idiot, Whatza Monaro, is a either a Ford troll or just somebody who's mother doesn't even love him trying to get attention! He's on a lot of GM forums bad mouthing whatever the forum topic is. When you answer the sick little twerp, you give him his jollies for the day. When he reads the come backs, he has one hand on his mouse and one on his unit! Since no girl would be with him, he has to get his somewhere!
Old 12-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I've read the 05 Mustang will have a max of 300 hp compared to 400 hp for 05 GM Monaro. There is also a lot of "chromed" plastic gauge housings being used in the dash of the 05 Stang as opposed to metal housings in the GM Monaro. Despite this I still feel the 05 Mustang will far outsell the GM Monaro given that Ford didn't abandon a loyal consumer base like Lutz did.[/QUOTE]

when it is painfully obvious the people who do know about cars that you are preaching to just feel bad for you because you are such a dolt.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why you are upset at my allegation that the GM Monaro will be a faster, better car than the 05 Mustang, but if want to disagree and say that your beloved GM Monaro is a slower, lower quality car then I guess you are free to do so. My hp figures on the Stang came from Ford.com. My obsevation on the plastic components from sitting in a 05 'Stang at the Mustang Nationals here in Park City, Utah this summer. On the GM Monaro: Forums such as these and GM press releases. So if you want to dispute those #'s then you will need to inform Ford amd GM...and then wake Lutz up from his noon time nap and tell him that depsite the GM Monaro being a faster, better vehicle it's still not making it as a GTO.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:36 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy W:
This idiot, Whatza Monaro, is a either a Ford troll or just somebody who's mother doesn't even love him trying to get attention! He's on a lot of GM forums bad mouthing whatever the forum topic is. When you answer the sick little twerp, you give him his jollies for the day. When he reads the come backs, he has one hand on his mouse and one on his unit! Since no girl would be with him, he has to get his somewhere! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would agree with that wholeheartedly
Old 12-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Waaaaaaawaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaawwaaaaaaaa

Old 12-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Jones:
Better faster car......... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I've read the 05 Mustang will have a max of 300 hp compared to 400 hp for 05 GM Monaro. There is also a lot of "chromed" plastic gauge housings being used in the dash of the 05 Stang as opposed to metal housings in the GM Monaro. Despite this I still feel the 05 Mustang will far outsell the GM Monaro given that Ford didn't abandon a loyal consumer base like Lutz did. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy you are the guy at the car show that starts spouting off about cars when it is painfully obvious the people who do know about cars that you are preaching to just feel bad for you because you are such a dolt.

And boy you prove it time and time again in this forum.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Jones:

Sweet GTO you got there. Faster than an new one? Don't think so. If you can beat my 13.3@104 in my 04 GTO then your's is faster. Your's does look better though. :-)

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 12-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I find it interesting that a participant on this board would be a "Senior Member" with only 60 posts.

If the poster in question, had any integrity, he/she would not have had to create a new identity to post his/her thoughts on this section of the board.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>whatza monaro??

Posts: 60 | Registered: November 19, 2004 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

60 posts in 2 weeks, all on this topic, and not a single post that had anything of value to say.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

From what I've read the 05 Mustang will have a max of 300 hp compared to 400 hp for 05 GM Monaro. There is also a lot of "chromed" plastic gauge housings being used in the dash of the 05 Stang as opposed to metal housings in the GM Monaro. Despite this I still feel the 05 Mustang will far outsell the GM Monaro given that Ford didn't abandon a loyal consumer base like Lutz did.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So, F**d is bringing out an all-new Mustang GT. Motor Trend prints an exclusive "Track Test" and comes up with some performance numbers: 1/4 mile - 13.6 @ 99.9; Slalom avg mph - 66.1; Braking 60-0 - 120ft; figure-8 - 26.61sec.@ 0.67 avg g. In their side bar commentary they offer this remark, "In case you're wondering how the new Mustang stacks up against the GTO; The American pony is faster and nimbler than the Australian-bred goat–automatic or manual...".

Let's go to the Road Test Results section of this same magazine, on page 180. There we find the 12/03 test results performed on the 2004 Pontiac GTO M6: 1/4 mile - 13.6 @ 104.8; Slalom avg mph - 63.5; Braking 60-0 - 120ft; figure-8 - 26.4sec.@ 0.68 avg g.

Faster? not by a long shot. Nimbler? Slalom, yes, braking, tie, figure-8, no way. Remember, the new Mustang is about 300 lbs lighter than the slightly pudgy goat, yet the GTO brakes as well and runs the figure-8 better than 2 tenths faster and pulls a better gforce. Sounds like a little blue oval favoratisim in play here. Or maybe the author can't comprehend and compare simple statistics.

Oh wait, FoMoCo has purchased advertising on 15 pages in this issue. Is it just me, or does somebody else detect a little journalistic prejudice/brain fart here?
Old 12-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Champ:
I find it interesting that a participant on this board would be a "Senior Member" with only 60 posts.

If the poster in question, had any integrity, he/she would not have had to create a new identity to post his/her thoughts on this section of the board.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a valium Champ...Is that all you have to do is count my posts?... And yes I do have a different user name then when I first started a year or so ago. So what. Nobody is forcing you ro read my posts.I hadn't logged on for a quite awhile and couldn't remember what my user id / password was. Then when the 05 GM Monaro came out and I saw it was basically the same boring car I decided to jump back in the fray (I know, I know, it's got hood scoops, 50 more hp, l/r duals, blah, blah, blah, it's still a Monaro.) Dump the cheesey spoiler, refine the back end, have a few very minor, very subtle retro cues and it might be a GTO again. But then again, that's a little bit too much creativity and effort to ask of GM. I hope Ford kicks their ass in sales despite the GM Monaro being a better, faster car.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Monaro IS GTO Dumb A..!:
whatza monaro can read my other post, get on the Holden website, educate himself and then maybe have a few comments about what the new Goats should or shouldn't be. Meanwhile my '05 Goat is on the Boat and I think my new "Monaro's" performance will spit the '05 stang out completely chewed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

chill out. I'm just having fun with you Monaro cheerleader types. Why would I want to look at a Monaro website?...or even care how it compares to a 'Stang? I could care less about both...I'm still waiting for Pontiac to make a GTO.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Anyone making a car buying decision based on what they read in Motor Trend deserves what they get. It is probably more stupid than paying MSRP ...

Mike M