Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 04:47 PM
Senior Chief

Default Dinner with Big Chief

I was fortunate enough to be included in a small dinner get-together this year with Big Chief during PRI. The group included Robin Roberts, Bill Anderson, Justin (Big Chief) and myself. Robin found us a secluded spot, away from the crowds and prying eyes, to spend some time just talking about everything from life experiences to race cars. Four hours flew by much too quickly, and I came away very impressed with this young man. He is the real deal: smart, articulate, fun, loyal, humble, friendly, passionate, driven, knowledgeable, giving, caring …...... and cool. People are drawn to him by his warmth and straight talk, and are easily able to connect with him as he openly shares his ups and downs.

The success of Street Outlaws and his foray into promod competition with a Pontiac, have brought him tremendous attention, recognition and respect. We are so pleased that he has chosen to step up his program with CV-1 heads and intake. This has been in the works for a while – we just couldn't talk about it. Obviously, Big Chief could choose any head that is out there. He's seen them all and is confident he made the right choice. Can't wait to see his results.

Dick Fulton
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1482005363441.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	442861   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1482005377274.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	442862   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1482005392842.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	442863  

Old 12-17-2016, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

WOW.

What is the time frame?

Sounds like a good time.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I seen you guys sitting back there at St.Elmos ;-) I was there also.

6.98 @ 199mph
4.53 @ 164mph
Old 12-17-2016, 05:19 PM
Suspended

Dick,

Congratulations to Jim, Bill, Robin and yourself. I'm glad to see Chief is staying with a Pontiac and upping his game. It will be interesting to see if Chief runs a Pontiac again in NHRA Promod. If so, those heads will get him in the ballpark.

It's funny, I talked to Chief at PRI at the first one he attended (2012 or 2013?) early in show before it was so popular. I talked with him for 30 minutes or and drew the same conclusion as you, he's the real deal. At that time he mentioned he'd like to run CV1 heads on the Crow but could not afford them at that time. It's good to see things come around.

Well done guys.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats, Dick.

Cool deal with the CV-1 heads.
Congrats to Justin.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 12-17-2016, 05:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckmastr View Post
I seen you guys sitting back there at St.Elmos ;-) I was there also.
... You saw who at St.Elmos ?? ...

Old 12-17-2016, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird69 View Post
I was fortunate enough to be included in a small dinner get-together this year with Big Chief during PRI. The group included Robin Roberts, Bill Anderson, Justin (Big Chief) and myself. Robin found us a secluded spot, away from the crowds and prying eyes, to spend some time just talking about everything from life experiences to race cars. Four hours flew by much too quickly, and I came away very impressed with this young man. He is the real deal: smart, articulate, fun, loyal, humble, friendly, passionate, driven, knowledgeable, giving, caring …...... and cool. People are drawn to him by his warmth and straight talk, and are easily able to connect with him as he openly shares his ups and downs.

The success of Street Outlaws and his foray into promod competition with a Pontiac, have brought him tremendous attention, recognition and respect. We are so pleased that he has chosen to step up his program with CV-1 heads and intake. This has been in the works for a while – we just couldn't talk about it. Obviously, Big Chief could choose any head that is out there. He's seen them all and is confident he made the right choice. Can't wait to see his results.

Dick Fulton
... Yeah Justin is badass !!! ... He'll tell you exactly what he thinks ... ... This is gonna be fun !!! ...

Old 12-17-2016, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

good deal. looking forward to see where he can take his program with this new combo.

would someone be so kind as to say who's who in the photo's?, for us less informed. thank you.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:26 PM
Suspended

About time he stepped up!

GTO George

Old 12-17-2016, 09:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congratulations to all involved in this project going forward. Think how interesting this will be. The fastest of the traditional Pontiacs will have some form of the Ram Air V, the Warp 6, Tiger Heads, E heads, and now CV 1's. It's an exciting time to race a Pontiac. From Eric and my interactions with Big Chief, we come away with the same conclusion as stated above. He is the real deal and TV show Street Outlaws is lucky to have him.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:55 PM
Senior Chief

Ponjohn: Target date is ASAP. I know that doesn't totally answer your question, but things are moving forward as quickly as can be done.

Wreckmaster: St. Elmo's could not accommodate our needs or time frame. Robin worked his magic finding a private room at another restaurant. Even though we did not tell them who was coming, our waiter recognized him immediately, lol.

Matt Meaney: Pictures from left-to-right, Big Chief and me, Robin and Big Chief, Bill and Big Chief.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the update Dick!

I recall sveral years back when Justin was regularly in the "Boost" forum here struggling with n2o related issues. Several of us suggesting he should run turbo instead. When he made the switch I remember how excited he was and him enjoying how much easier it was to street drive or even cruise. He always came across on the board as real, appreciative, honest and above all a Pontiac guy!

As a cv1 fan...nice choice Justin.

Old 12-18-2016, 02:53 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
... Congratulations to all involved in this project going forward...

... The fastest of the traditional Pontiacs will have some form of the Ram Air V, the Warp 6, Tiger Heads, E heads, and now CV 1's...
Ditto.

I know you didn't mean to slight anybody Mike... but I feel that Mickey Thompson started the list long-ago with his Pontiac hemi heads!

Old 12-18-2016, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gifford View Post
Ditto.

I know you didn't mean to slight anybody Mike... but I feel that Mickey Thompson started the list long-ago with his Pontiac hemi heads!
Absolutely, should never forget Mickey Thompson and all the good he did for Pontiac putting them in front in the early years. The hemi head was a radical departure and a winner.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i think this is a great situation for jim,bill, and justin. Hes the perfect platform for your product and being boosted and well funded this should be a successful endeavor! Congrats!

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird69 View Post

Dick Fulton

I get it with the cv1 royalty, but this post made me feel like i needed to take a shower after reading it. LOL. Can't you guys just be like "Justin was cool and we partnered up" instead of "very impressed with this young man. He is the real deal: smart, articulate, fun, loyal, humble, friendly, passionate, driven, knowledgeable, giving, caring …...... and cool. People are drawn to him by his warmth......" Carry on.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gifford View Post
Ditto.

... I think your Hemi head is a bad little dude from what I hear ...

Last edited by Anderson Port Development; 12-18-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
i think this is a great situation for jim,bill, and justin. Hes the perfect platform for your product and being boosted and well funded this should be a successful endeavor! Congrats!
... Thanks Mike, we appreciate that ... Can't wait to see how your new ass kicker turns as well

Last edited by Anderson Port Development; 12-18-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:23 AM
Boost Engineer

A great opportunity for Jim and Bill to learn something about Boost and EFI systems from a very sharp tuner in both areas.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for sharing your story. Excited to hear more about the Combo as it unfolds.

Closed Thread