Old 01-25-2001, 01:26 AM
Senior Chief

Looking into buying a 1962 Lemans in good condition, runs and drives. How much are these cars worth? Don't know much about Pontiacs older than 64. Thanks for your help.

Old 01-25-2001, 01:26 AM
Senior Chief

Looking into buying a 1962 Lemans in good condition, runs and drives. How much are these cars worth? Don't know much about Pontiacs older than 64. Thanks for your help.

Old 01-25-2001, 11:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

WillV, it all depents on the overall condition of the car. Conv cost more than hardtops, wagons and 4 door less. If it is a driver and all parts are there, I would say between $600 to $1500. Jusjay

Old 01-26-2001, 01:36 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks. I was hoping they'd be worth more as I hope to get it for $800. Is advertised for $2,800 but I think she will take $1,000 easy. We'll see.

------------------

Will

Old 01-26-2001, 09:25 AM

those are cool cars, the transaxles aren't very tough though. my parents[mom bought it new]had one when i was a kid and had three transaxles put in it. when #3 went bad dad said the hell with it and sold it. mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 01-26-2001, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Will, check out this site: http://www.vmrintl.com

Their numbers seem high to me. Don't know if that is a plain jane 62 or not but if it is a 4 spd, 4 bbl, 4 cyl, it is probably worth much more. Also, keep in mind that there was a Super Duty 4 cylinder engine option in 62. (185 horses). If this car had any of that stuff it would be worth a ton of money.

Old 01-27-2001, 01:48 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks for the lead on that website. Pretty handy price guide. Yes, the value seems high for the 62 Lemans, but dang I checked the value on my 69 GTO Convertible, 4 speed, hideaways, black plates, tach and top price is $14,475. No way I'd sell for that! More like > $20K...

------------------

Will