Old 08-09-2002, 08:53 AM

hi ive got a 63 parissean whats it simmilar to over there got a couple of american books but nothing mentioned about it seems like a good old cruiser

Old 08-09-2002, 08:53 AM

hi ive got a 63 parissean whats it simmilar to over there got a couple of american books but nothing mentioned about it seems like a good old cruiser

Old 08-09-2002, 04:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Frame brakes drive train is a 63 Chevy Impala or belair. Only the body is a version of a Pontiac

Old 08-10-2002, 12:04 AM

thanks txbobcat it looks real simmilar to the front of yours in the picturei,ll try and send u a photo of it if u like

Old 08-10-2002, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A picture would be nice. You can see more of mine at kurtspontiac.com under Bobs 2+2. Several other members pictures on there to. You guys drive on the wrong side of the street over or should I say down there dont you?

Old 08-10-2002, 04:52 PM
Senior Chief

Are the head light bezels the same as a Tempest?

Old 08-11-2002, 01:29 AM

Gidday Drill,owned one those once,mine was a 4 door pillarless,original engine was a 6 cyl.Chev,repowered it with a 396 Big Block Chev then a 327 when I blew the Big Block up chassis was the same as a 63-64 Impala,brakes suspension etc.same ,exterior trim same as 63 Bonneville,i know this as a friend of mine had a 63 Bonny and they looked identical apart from the Bonny having a longer wheelbase and of course `Real Pontiac Power' dash looked the same as 62 Pontiac but RHD,really cool car best et on 1/4 mile with the Big Block was 14.5 ,stick with it ,still wish I had mine....Shane(Pontiac Pete)

Old 08-11-2002, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A '63 Parisienne is a very rare car over here. If you can wait 2 weeks, I'll get you the total sales numbers for 1963. Probably less than 600 Pontiacs registered in 1963.

Your car is even rarer if its a pillarless. Means its a full import. All the 4 door post cars were built locally from CKD components.

Old 08-17-2002, 05:28 PM

WELL THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP I SENT SOME PHOTOS TO TX AND HE TELLS ME ITS DEFINATLY A 65 I,LL PROBERLY DO IT UP AND GIVE TO MY WIFE,O BUY THE WAY BOB ITS A 455 , BUT IT,LL COME OUT AND MY 350 WILL GO IN IT , CATCH U LATTER

Old 08-19-2002, 12:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Is it a 4 door Pillarless or 4 door Post car?

1965 was the first year of Australian assembly for 4 door pillarless Pontiacs. Before that, all local cars were post cars.

NO 2 door cars were EVER assembled in Australia

Unless it was a private import (and almost certainly it was NOT), your car was assembled locally. Check the chassis number on the left front part of the chassis. If it starts with a "P", it was assembled in Perth. An "S" means Sydney. "A" = Adelaide. "M" = Melbourne and "B"= Brisbane.

They were assembled from CKD parts in all those places.

E-mail me a picture and I'll tell you whether its local or an import.

The ONLY front sheet metal parts which are interchangeable with an American Pontiac are the Bonnet (and it a lighter weight), plus the grilles and headlight surounds. NOTHING else will fit. Not even the bumper. Even the hood springs are different. Crazy - but true.

And are your SURE it's a 455? The only way it could be a 455 is if its had a Pontiac engine transplant.

NO Parisiennes ever had a 455. Ever.

It would have originally been a 283 Chev if its a 4 door post car or a 327 Chev if its pillarless

283 cars had 10 bolt diffs. 327 had 12 bolts. All had Powerglides.

NO exceptions at all.

Old 08-19-2002, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

From the Norm Darwin book, "100 years of GM in Australia", the production figures for locally assembled Pontiac cars are:

688 Sedans registered in 1965
and 1 wagon

Most likely the wagon would have been imported specially for the funeral trade.

Old 08-21-2002, 08:57 AM

heybuck the 455 is a 75 moter its not pillerless, but its got a 12 bolt diff and it was assembled in sydney, thanks for your help