Old 12-30-2022, 05:33 PM

Default Wiring a original 10 DN alternator

Need some help. I have wiring diagram but it still is not clear. Trying to not destroy more of harness than necessary. The two little wires that plug in back of alternator are what I am concerned about. The blue wire is hot with key " on ". Is the black with white stripe a ground? The diagram shows it merging with other wires with I think a fuseable link but not sure if it gets energized at any point

Old 12-31-2022, 02:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The blue is the field wire and goes to the external regulator F connection (where 1 would be on the regulator terminal strip but they called it F). The black/white wire comes from the alternator R connection and goes to the 2 connection on the regulator strip.

Old 12-31-2022, 12:51 PM

Default Wiring

Thanks,I followed the wiring diagram and I have lost continuity in the black/ white stripe wire - 1970 GTO. I did not like what I saw when I started opening the protective sheathing. Contemplating new engine harness. No current at all on black/ white stripe with key on. Blue wire seems okay. Thanks again

Old 12-31-2022, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There will be no current or voltage at the black/white wire until the alternator is charging. Have you lost continuity or just not getting a volt reading.

Old 12-31-2022, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As mentioned, the blk/wht wire feeds voltage to the regulator FROM the alternator once it spins up. Then a relay in the regulator pulls in, turns off the idiot lite, and connects the battery voltage on regulator pin3 to the voltage sensing relay in the regulator to control the alt output voltage.

George