Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 12-02-2021, 10:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default What would you do with this Holley?

If this needs moved feel free and sorry if not in the right spot.

I have a Holley 3310-3 carb that was on my Trans Am when I bought it 10 years ago. I I removed it probably 8-9 years ago replaced it with a quadrajet and the Holley is just been sitting around since. One ear on the baseplate is broken unfortunately which leads me to my question…… what would you do with it?

I don’t really have a use for it but the idea of rebuilding it and having a spare carb I could throw on might be nice. Plus I like tinkering with things. But I don’t want to dump a ton of money into it which might be unavoidable?

Would you sell it as is with the broken baseplate or should I try to source a new baseplate and then sell it? New baseplate, rebuild then sell? Is that worth the trouble and return?

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-02-2021, 10:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

See what they go for,not much.I would not put any money into it unless you plan on using it.JMHO,Tom

Old 12-03-2021, 04:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

They don't appear to bring much money. I had one that needed the accelerator pump replaced but otherwise was ok and I think I got $75 for it(this was within the last year). Now, I suppose if you ended up in the unlikely situation of knowing someone who was throwing out a "junk" one that had a good baseplate on it you could probably justify buying the kit and rebuilding it just to have an extra. But, if you have to invest more than the kit and your time, you probably won't come out.
I would try putting it on eBay as it is and see if anybody is interested. I've been amazed at some of the things that actually sell on there.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Still got the broken ear?

I don't like parting out holleys over broke throttle plates. But I do when I can't repair the broke part. That's with these 750s. Cost of a throttle plate and kit gets close to what it would sell for fixed and kitted in my area.

Fixin for personal use is a different story. Especially when you know it was a good performing carb.

Might be in on this if you have the broke off ear
Clay

Old 12-03-2021, 08:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I do have the ear still actually.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhill86 View Post
I do have the ear still actually.
I would attempt a repair and re-enforce with jb weld and steel pins through the crack.

Clay

Old 12-04-2021, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Same thing I do with Holley's through the years, sell it to someone as is. The name seems to have a magical connotation that makes people want to buy them..........

Quadrajet, no one wants those carbs, I've had dozens given to me for free over the years. Guess which ones I use on my own stuff?......

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 12-04-2021, 03:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Maybe I’ll list it first and see what happens then maybe try fixing it if nobody bites. I took the bowls off yesterday and it’s super clean inside. I definitely hate to just pitch it. Maybe a baseplate will show up at some point too for cheap.