Old 01-16-2022, 11:19 PM
Suspended

Chief has said he has replaced everything under the car (basically a new car now) …....but not at the same time….chassis wasn’t working for him I guess!

GTO George

Old 01-16-2022, 11:39 PM
Boost Engineer

I would look on FACE BOOK at recent posts by Marty P and Justin S where Chief says the front engine section of the chassis was updated, the rear axle was changed, and the rest of the chassis in the drivers area is the same as when Jeff Covey built the double tube chassis years ago. SIMPLE and gets rid of the BS posts.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Vaught For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2022, 11:44 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
I would look on FACE BOOK at recent posts by Marty P and Justin S where Chief says the front engine section of the chassis was updated, the rear axle was changed, and the rest of the chassis in the drivers area is the same as when Jeff Covey built the double tube chassis years ago. SIMPLE and gets rid of the BS posts.

Tom V.
Nooooooo! LOL!
Luckily Tommy doesn’t have that problem……newer better chassis maybe!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 01-16-2022 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:50 PM
Boost Engineer

Marty just sent me a post made by Justin in the last few days that refutes your post George.

LOL!!!!!!!! So people, do you go on Face book and read Justin and Martys posts or
continue to read misinformation, your choice. Done with this one.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:56 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Marty just sent me a post made by Justin in the last few days that refutes your post George.

LOL!!!!!!!! So people, do you go on Face book and read Justin and Martys posts or
continue to read misinformation, your choice. Done with this one.

Tom V.
No my info came straight from Chief himself, he has a YouTube channel soooooo! Unless he is lying for whatever reason

GTO George

Old 01-16-2022, 11:59 PM
Suspended

You two can debate chassis all night. The Pontiac can't compete with the the newest wiz bang chassis... it's a moot point

Old 01-17-2022, 12:04 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
You two can debate chassis all night. The Pontiac can't compete with the the newest wiz bang chassis... it's a moot point
Yep!

GTO George

Old 01-17-2022, 12:34 AM
Suspended

Just to get silly I wonder how quick Tommy could have went (with his Pontiac engine) if he hired Chief to tune his car for him……..with more hp and a better chassis (then Chief)………who know, would have been interesting!

GTO George

Old 01-17-2022, 08:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Just to get silly I wonder how quick Tommy could have went (with his Pontiac engine) if he hired Chief to tune his car for him……..with more hp and a better chassis (then Chief)………who know, would have been interesting!

GTO George
I agree. I'd think Tommy had something left on the table... Or E-heads are just that good!

Old 01-17-2022, 09:28 AM
Senior Chief

Why in the hell are people really trying to compare a cast edelbrock headed 482" Pontiac, against an all billet 540" Hemi??? Does it make you feel smart for saying the Hemi is faster?????

Also, so i'm fair here...If you are a Pontiac fan(which I am), and you are trying to act like the 482 in Chief's car makes the HP needed to compete with a billet Proline Hemi, then you are an idiot...

Sorry if this hurts anybody's feelings.

Old 01-17-2022, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
Why in the hell are people really trying to compare a cast edelbrock headed 482" Pontiac, against an all billet 540" Hemi??? Does it make you feel smart for saying the Hemi is faster?????

Also, so i'm fair here...If you are a Pontiac fan(which I am), and you are trying to act like the 482 in Chief's car makes the HP needed to compete with a billet Proline Hemi, then you are an idiot...

Some people who are posting just have an agenda and ignore the facts. Chief does not make the HP that Tommy's billet 505 Pontiac does.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Weiss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

From what I've seen, Chief has proved a 482 Pontiac can compete against all comers in the races he participates in. He is usually top three at most races he enters.

John Langer has competed against all brands in a heads class and has been successful, along with others in the past.. On a smaller scale Dick Fulton has "owned" an endurance race he competes in at a track in Minnesota, that is a heads up class and open to all makes.

A bit more to it than just which engine makes the most power, if that was the case EVERYONE would tie for first place..... GTOGEORGE has won races with his Pontiac in open classes.

It's amazing what can be accomplished once the chair in front of the "keyboards" is vacated.

Old 01-17-2022, 12:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
From what I've seen, Chief has proved a 482 Pontiac can compete against all comers in the races he participates in. He is usually top three at most races he enters.

John Langer has competed against all brands in a heads class and has been successful, along with others in the past.. On a smaller scale Dick Fulton has "owned" an endurance race he competes in at a track in Minnesota, that is a heads up class and open to all makes.

A bit more to it than just which engine makes the most power, if that was the case EVERYONE would tie for first place..... GTOGEORGE has won races with his Pontiac in open classes.

It's amazing what can be accomplished once the chair in front of the "keyboards" is vacated.
Let’s not for get Kinsler won a Championship a couple years ago with a Pontiac! Pretty sure it had some Edelbrocks on it as well.

Old 01-17-2022, 01:26 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post

So are you saying that YOU think Chief's 482 edelbrock headed combo can be competitive against Yoman's Proline Hemi?

I think you know better than saying that.

Old 01-17-2022, 01:34 PM
Suspended

I don't think anyone is comparing Tommys Hemi to Chiefs Pontiac engine (at least I'm not)......I think when they are referring to Tommys car/engine its his old Warp 6 engine! Its too bad he switched to a Hemi. I love Pontiacs been racing them since the mid 70's, so I'm not knocking chiefs car (its a Pontiac) or his tuning abilities I thinks he is one of the best tuners out there and he got ALL he can out of his Pontiac combo 3.97 out of e heads freaking amazing!! How quick could he go with a Pontiac engine if he put a better set of heads on it (you know change he's combo), obviously he had to change his chassis to help him compete.
I can't stand watching all the Hemis out there now or the Chevy junks last year its cool to see other brands out there competing instead of following the leader and yes i know the racers want to win soooooo..........! Like NHRA did a long time ago to let small blocks compete with the big blocks in Pro Stock........ change/adjust the rules, it sure made Pro Stock more interesting back then! I hate long post and i know I'm kinda all over the place here but i got a lot on my mind..........kinda wanna go racing, i think it will be a good year.

GTO George

Old 01-17-2022, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My take on this.... I don't know if he had tuned the 505 to run it's best but even if he didn't, it made like 3500 HP? That's a sh*t load no doubt. But the ProLine's ( Hemi or 481x ) make how much? 4000-4500? I have no idea how much they make truthfully. Now take into account that they are probably not using all that power for much of the run due to power management and making it stay hooked on a small tire. So "maybe" he could have been competitive with the Warp headed motor. But like has been mention before, if it breaks with a ProLine motor the parts are easily available. Not do much with a Pontiac based motor.

Old 01-17-2022, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Exactly why Chief doesn't run NPK he doesn't have the HP to compete. On the streets its a different deal.

466 Mike Voycey shortblock, 310cfm SD KRE heads, SD "OF 2.0 cam", torker 2
373 gears 3200 Continental Convertor
best et 10.679/127.5/1.533 60ft
308 gears best et 10.76/125.64/1.5471
Old 01-17-2022, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stoneburg View Post
My take on this.... I don't know if he had tuned the 505 to run it's best but even if he didn't, it made like 3500 HP? That's a sh*t load no doubt. But the ProLine's ( Hemi or 481x ) make how much? 4000-4500? I have no idea how much they make truthfully. Now take into account that they are probably not using all that power for much of the run due to power management and making it stay hooked on a small tire. So "maybe" he could have been competitive with the Warp headed motor. But like has been mention before, if it breaks with a ProLine motor the parts are easily available. Not do much with a Pontiac based motor.
Is that ProLine HP number flywheel or rear wheel? Tommy's 3500 HP was rear wheel / on a hub dyno.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 01-17-2022, 02:45 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Is that ProLine HP number flywheel or rear wheel? Tommy's 3500 HP was rear wheel / on a hub dyno.

Stan
Obviously you've never watched any of the hub dyno videos of twin blown hemis making 5000+HP

Old 01-17-2022, 03:03 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Obviously you've never watched any of the hub dyno videos of twin blown hemis making 5000+HP
I got on youtube and did a search.....i saw one video 5,230 something hp, not a lot of info on boost and other things though. i saw more in the 3,000 range.

GTO George