Old 01-14-2022, 09:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 64 fender mount remote mirror

64 fender mount remote mirror what would the option code on build sheet be for Baltimore plant ?

Old 01-14-2022, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My mistake KC Plant not Baltimore

Old 01-18-2022, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

'64 Baltimore and KC PHS docs are coded the same.

The Fender Mount Remote Control Outside Mirror (Pontiac Sales Code 444) is believed (by me) to be coded in Box 60.

This option was commonly ordered as part of the Sales Code 081 Mirror Group Option which included the Visor Vanity Mirror (Sales Code 441), the Inside Tilting Day/Night Non-Glare Mirror (Sales Code 442), and the O/S Remote Control Mirror (Sales Code 444).

On the Pontiac Manifest Form, if the Mirror Group Option was ordered, you would find it coded in the Accessory Group Box AND in Box 44. Decoding the Accessory Group Box is straightforward but a little difficult to express in words but it will also have a "7" in Box 44.

On the KC and Balt PHS records, there was no Accessory Group Box.

And the three mirror options were NOT coded in the same Box. The Inside Tilting Mirror was coded in Box 46 along with the two Tinted Glass options.

The Remote Control Mirror was coded in Box 60 along with the Visor Vanity Mirror.

If the Remote Mirror was optioned as an individual option without the Visor Vanity Mirror, there will be a "2" in Box 60.

This however was uncommon.

More commonly, all three Mirror options were included and there will be a "5" in Box 60 in addition to a "4", "5", or "6" in Box 46 depending on whether the build also included no tinted glass option, Tinted Windshield Only option, or Tinted Glass All Windows respectively along with the Tilting Mirror.

I am interested to learn what option codes are found in Boxes 46 and 60 on this particular PHS doc.

Better yet, post a copy of the entire doc and I'll add it to my collection.