Old 03-04-2010, 02:27 PM

Default '65 LeMans Project F/S - incl. 601ci V-8

I'm at a point where this project will require more investment than I can honestly budget for. So, it's going up for sale.

The body is a '65 LeMans that has been dipped/stripped, straightened, and prepped. The firewall is smoothed out a bit. The car has never had rust (I brought it with me from SoCal to MN). I've owned this car since 1994 or so. Clean title in my name.

The body/decklid/doors were stripped bare and are clean. I have two sets of front fenders- the original steel pair, and a pair of fiberglass repros. I'd intended to run the 'glass units, so the steel parts weren't stripped with the rest of the body.

All of the trim, glass, etc. was removed prior to the body being dipped. It's all in boxes, labeled.

The original seats, door panels, etc. come with it, but they're in used condition and I'd planned to replace them.

The original chassis was blasted and straightened, but it's got surface rust now. It was also to be replaced.

The new aftermarket boxed steel chassis is from Schwartz performance. It's bare and is in new condition, since I haven't touched it since I received it from Schwartz.

The rear axle is a Currie 9-inch housing that's been narrowed 3 inches from stock. It comes with narrowed 31-spline axles, equipped with the long wheel studs. The center section isn't included.

The engine is the jewel in this project. It's 601ci, complete, EFi'd and dyno tuned. IA1 iron block, Moldex 5-inch stroke, Oliver rods, Ross pistons, Butler wide port heads, Wenzler tunnel ram (plumbed for EFI), Comp solid roller, Crower offset lifters, T&D shaft offset rockers, BOP belt drive, water pump adapters, EFI harness and computer, Canton road race pan, Lee Performance injector hat/filter housing. All the best. Dyno time only. 9.7:1 for pump gas use. Thick deck Ross pistons for nitrous (was never sprayed, but designed to take it). Made 738 hp @ 5,800, 756 ft-lbs at 4,400 on pump premium.

Photos of body, chassis, and engine here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1192966...7623249353101/

Engine photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1192966...7601583293198/

Engine build in PHR mag here:
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...ine/index.html

It all goes as a package- Body, original chassis, Schwartz chassis, 9-inch rear housing/axles, 601ci engine. Could be built for street, strip, or pro touring. A great start for someone.

I have all the original suspension components, plus some aftermarket stuff (springs, etc.) I'd planned to use. You get it all.

$22,500 for everything.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Suspended

will you sell the body and original parts seperately?

Old 03-05-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsgtos2 View Post
will you sell the body and original parts seperately?
Sure. Let's talk. 952-873-6670

Old 03-18-2010, 11:06 AM

Schwartz chassis is gone.

Clean '65 LeMans body, original chassis, and 601ci engine are still for sale.

Will separate.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How much for the body and original chassis?

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 03-18-2010, 03:59 PM

$5,000 for all of it- both sets of fenders, and everything I've got for it...plus the clean title

Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 AM

You have a PM