Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 12-18-2000, 10:37 PM

Anyone having problems with ceramic coating peeling off your headers? My Super Comps coating has peeled off twice just sitting in my driveway.Not happy with Hookers coating,have seen others but not like mine.

Old 12-18-2000, 10:37 PM

Anyone having problems with ceramic coating peeling off your headers? My Super Comps coating has peeled off twice just sitting in my driveway.Not happy with Hookers coating,have seen others but not like mine.

Old 01-11-2001, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have not. I also have not heard anything but good things about Jet Hot thought.

Old 01-12-2001, 01:47 AM
Senior Chief

I had some Hooker ceramic coated headers and they started to pit & rust the first winter.
I don't know who does Jim Butlers Ceramic coating for headers but he does a great job. I have had 3 sets of headers coated & they have held up great & still look good.I dropped them off at Butlers shop,and while attending the JBP Pontiac nationals & had him ship them to me after being coated.
I don't know what the problem with the process that Hooker is using but it is not much better than a good header paint.Maybe they have made improvements since then I hope.
Later Mark B.

Old 01-12-2001, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It is my belief that you cannot compare header coatings put on when the headers are mass-produced to having a single set done. Many of the mass produced headers don’t cost much more the coating by itself for a single set. I have to believe there is a difference in the quality between these two examples. I am in the process of getting a set re-done since I have to get the oil off of them that came from a BAD rear main seal leak. I will ask if there is a difference in the process. I probably won’t have an answer for a week or two. My first coating was by Jet Hot, which I was very satisfied with. This one will be by the business that does JBA’s headers, since they are in the city I live in.

------------------
Jim

Old 01-12-2001, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I forgot to mention that the original Jet Hot coating was applied in December of 1991.

------------------
Jim