LS Talk All things based on the GM LS platform engine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2021, 07:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Been a Long Time

So quite a while ago, I parlayed my 2 ‘resto mod’ 1973 Trans Ams into a single, ‘step up’ build: DSE Front Hydro Sub-Frame, DSE Rear Q-Link, Ford 9”, Coilovers, LS9, T-56. I got this car from Rick Deiters at Trans Am Specialties in FL, where I got both of my 73 cars. He had started this build for an overseas client who backed out of the build more than halfway through. Previous owner took a bath after backing out of his project, and Rick really treated me right on this transaction.

Fast Forward - as many of you know, Rick suffered a catastrophic fire at his main shop in March of this year. The week before the fire, Rick had transported my car to the body and paint shop 2-3 blocks down the road (he had grown tired of the dust and fumes from body and paint in the main shop). My car was safe, but it was the worst nightmare for a true friend and business owner. Work on my ‘73 slowed dramatically, but I just didn’t care. My timeline immediately turned into ‘first world problems.’

Car is damn near ready to ship. Rick’s team could not have done a better job or paid more attention to detail. Time for final ‘shake down’ drive, then check all fittings: fuel; oil; hydraulic clutch; brakes; etc. Car should be shipped next week. I’m praying for a cool, dry November.

This has turned out better than I ever dared dream. I wish the previous owner had commissioned a Butler IA 535 for this build, but only so many stars align at any one time. In any event, 638 hp out of the crate - 710 hp is a pulley and tune away… (LS Haters, please feel free to pm me rather than litter this thread with negativity. I will be more than happy to delete your messages directly from my inbox.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AD27A2EC-77DB-4C24-A414-3C529613AC28.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	575762   Click image for larger version

Name:	4079EC09-87C9-4AD9-ABCD-1367ECE5F148.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	575763   Click image for larger version

Name:	3EA99E2D-DD6B-41F9-8512-B90106DFD638.jpg
Views:	440