Old 08-19-2022, 01:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 61-62 Pillar post weatherstrip - Steele vs soff seal

Steele Rubber makes these as well as soff seal - naturally the soff seal is much lower priced, is it worth the $100 more for the Steele?

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
Old 08-20-2022, 11:52 AM
Senior Chief

Someone can confirm but I have heard that Metro Moulded Parts makes some weatherstripping for Steele. When I bought my weatherstripping for my '64 GP, I bought most of what I needed at Metro since it was cheaper and bought the rest at Steele.

Old 08-20-2022, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I used Metro for weatherstripping on my car and the quality was good (plus they're local to me so I was able to pick up the weatherstripping right at their facility), but I don't remember if they have that specific part. You can search on their website for a specific make and year. Also, note that it should be the same piece used on the same year Chevy, so you may want use that in your search.

Old 08-20-2022, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Through some recent searches I have found metro makes the pillar weatherstrips too, I’ll give them a shot. I’ve also heard Steele doesn’t make all that it sells.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.