Old 02-23-2023, 12:39 AM

Default O2 sensor Holley terminator X stuck on 35.6

I wonder if anyone has ran into this issue…..I’m on my second O2 sensor from Holley and I’m having it stuck on 35.6. The car runs fine which makes me pretty certain it’s a false reading……the second sensor ran good and gave me good AF readings for about 100 miles and now it’s stuck there again……when I take it out it’s pretty black and covered in carbon…..I just ordered yet another sensor and this time I’m gonna run a Innovate Motorsports 3729 Heat-Sink Bung Extender HBX-1. Are you guys familiar with this….will it fix the issue? Thanks for you input!

Old 02-23-2023, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A lot of guys do run and/or recommend the 02 extender.

I've never tried one or found the need to. I guess they help keep the 02 a bit cleaner? My 02's also look black but they've still worked fine for years. I see it as pretty normal fair considering it's stuck in an exhaust stream. I've never seen one burn crystal clean, even in a factory EFI vehicle.

Best to check the learn table though as faulty 02 readings usually corrupts the table and causes other issues.

Could be a few reasons for repeat 02 failure. Chris at EFI System Pro has a good breakdown of reasons. He also has the Sniper and Terminator X 02 sensors on sale right now 10% off and he's in your neck of the woods.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 02-23-2023, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had pretty good service life from O2 sensors in my car, no issues to date. Never needed an extender. I'd be investigating all the root cause type issues. Like is it positioned correctly, not too close to the head? Is the bung above centerline of the pipe and angled down slightly? ( Prevents condensation from settling in sensor) If all those are correct, I'd be investigating the wiring. Ask Holley how to troubleshoot the different values on the main connection, especially the heater to make sure it's working. You shouldn't be repeatedly fouling sensors. All this assumes good engine health. It's not burning excessive oil right? How do the spark plugs look?

Old 02-23-2023, 10:56 AM

Thank you so much! Do I just google EFI systems Pro? Do you happen to have the contact info?

Old 02-23-2023, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

If you replace an oxygen sensor and it works for a time, then fails, it's likely you are fowling them. You would want to diagnose why they are being fouled in the first place. Obvious first signs are exhaust leaks upstream or within about 18" downstream of the sensor location.

That will give the ECU a false lean condition that it will attempt to correct by providing more fuel...in turn fouling the sensor. How do your plugs look?

Old 02-23-2023, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow1098 View Post
Thank you so much! Do I just google EFI systems Pro? Do you happen to have the contact info?
https://www.efisystempro.com

I buy all my stuff from Chris. Super to deal with, great customer service, and seems to have better prices than everyone else.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE