Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 03-07-2023, 04:53 PM

Default 1999 Grand Prix SE - Cannot change remote entry confirmation (horn/lights flashing).

Trying to change the remote unlocking/locking to not beep the horn.

I have, several times over followed the manual to the T and it remains on the current setting.

No matter what mode I set it too, it keeps defaulting to horn beep only which isn't even a selectable mode.

I put the key in and turn to accessory, it chimes twice indicating it is in mode 2. This is the second setting, which should be exterior lamps flash only. They in fact do not flash at all and the horn beeps.

Then I turn the key back to off and then remove the Mall PGM fuse.

I press the lock button on the fob several times until it reaches one chime which is setting 1, no horn and no lights.

I then turn the key to off and replace the Mall PGM fuse.

Fuse panel back on, close the glove box and car door. Lock and unlock with fob with same results. It honks with locking and unlocking (there is no mode that is horn only).

I've gone through this procedure about 5 times to make sure I'm not the malfunction. After about 5 times I think I've ruled myself out

I'm not really sure what steps to take next. Any help is appreciated.

Old 03-07-2023, 09:10 PM
Senior Chief

I seem to remember something about the reprogramming steps needing to all being completed within so many seconds (start to finish). If not the system will resort back to a default mode. I could be wrong though.