Old 04-22-2023, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Someone mentioned the Sinatra Firebird earlier. There was some talk about it here some years back, with a photo or two as I recall.
As for Mary Kay Pontiacs, I'm pretty sure there was one in my area a while back but it was a late model Pontiac. Like a Grand Am or Grand Prix from the '90s or early 2000s

Last edited by Greg Reid; 04-22-2023 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Did a little research

"In the 50 years, vehicles from each of four of our brands – Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac – have been included in the Mary Kay Career Car Program," said Jason Ralph, the fleet account executive at General Motors Fleet, who manages the Mary Kay account.

Evidently Pontiac wasn't included.
The first pink car was Mary Kay's personal car, a 69 Cadillac. Pink cars for their sales people came in later years.

Search "Mary Kay pink" in these forums for other discussions which may have more research. There used to be mention of the 69 Cadillac on the Mary Kay website under history.

Any pink cars built earlier were other promotional programs, notably Nancy Sinatra, some Playboy cars, who knows what else. I recall pink 67 or 68 Mustangs in my neighborhood when they were new, and I recall a pink Javelin or AMX mentioned in one or our 80s or 90s muscle/collector magazines.

Maybe Pontiac just made it available just because. It was one of four 1968 "Spring colors".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1968 Pontiac special order colors.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	611203  

Old 04-22-2023, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I recall a seeing pink 1973-ish Mercury Cougar for sale in Atlanta back in the early '80s.

Old 04-22-2023, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein View Post
The first pink car was Mary Kay's personal car, a 69 Cadillac. Pink cars for their sales people came in later years.

Search "Mary Kay pink" in these forums for other discussions which may have more research. There used to be mention of the 69 Cadillac on the Mary Kay website under history.

Any pink cars built earlier were other promotional programs, notably Nancy Sinatra, some Playboy cars, who knows what else. I recall pink 67 or 68 Mustangs in my neighborhood when they were new, and I recall a pink Javelin or AMX mentioned in one or our 80s or 90s muscle/collector magazines.

Maybe Pontiac just made it available just because. It was one of four 1968 "Spring colors".
The notes on the chip chart state these colors were not available on the GTO.

James Q

1963 Bonneville Safari - Nocturne Blue, 4-speed
Old 04-22-2023, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesq View Post

James Q
With endura bumper. That's why the ones that have popped up all had chrome bumpers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2023, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Same car that sold about 10 years ago by flipper #1 that actually did get it from original owners estate sale. iirc they had original title and original window sticker at that time.
Sold for 6-8k .
Nobody was in a rush - because the car is Very Very Rough from sitting out way too long.

This is flipper #2 or #3 now.
Hard to keep up because it keeps getting relisted for sale again every year or two.
But this fellow has had it for a while now.

I don't know how or where he got the production number of 8 GTO's
But he is correct , so far , of only 2 GTO examples known / documented.

It would get lots of ohhs and ahhs at a POCI or GTOAA convention after a healthy/wealthy restoration.

A few LeMans known
Quite a few Birds
No idea about any full size survivors

Old 04-23-2023, 03:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
What time frame was the quote from?
If recent they may not have included Pontiac since it is not a part of GM now? (or Olds either?)

Didn't Nancy Sinatra have some pink Pontiacs?

It was from a current article discussing the history of the Mary Kay cars. They were quoting stats going way back. So yes ... it's possible he didn't mention Pontiac because they are no longer a GM brand ... and I'd guess it's probably corporate policy now not to mention the dropped brands.

Old 04-23-2023, 07:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I use to hear a rumor of a 69 Pink Judge that used to be in Green Bay back in the day but I have never seen it.

Old 04-23-2023, 07:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesq View Post

James Q
It says not available on GTOs with Endura bumpers, this car has a chrome bumper.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2023, 08:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Someone mentioned the Sinatra Firebird earlier. There was some talk about it here some years back, with a photo or two as I recall.
As for Mary Kay Pontiacs, I'm pretty sure there was one in my area a while back but it was a late model Pontiac. Like a Grand Am or Grand Prix from the '90s or early 2000s
Greg, like this one?

My parents left me their 1999 Mary Kay SE Grand Prix to me, it's currently my daily driver. They bought it in 2000, in Phoenix AZ off a Pontiac dealers used car lot, likely a returned lease car, since Mary Kay just leased those cars, they never owned them.

I got it from my mother in 2018 when she decided at 97, she was going to stop driving. It's pretty much a base model with the 3.1 V6 , but gets really good fuel mileage, the reason it's my daily. In 2018 it had 71,000 on it, now I've doubled that to 145,000, so it gets used a fair amount.

Many of the cars got charcoal/grey interiors. as does mine.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2023, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, yeah that's it Brad. Cool that you would actually have one.

Old 04-23-2023, 03:55 PM
Senior Chief

Cool Mary Kay Cosmetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Were they one of the special paint examples given away to top sellers of that women's makeup company?
Mary Kay gives away Pink Cadillacs, not Pink GTOs with the optional chrome front bumper.

Old 04-23-2023, 04:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would drive the hell out of that car but probably put an endura/fiberglass bumper on it

Old 04-23-2023, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think the only way being Pink would increase the value of a 68 GTO would be if it were a RamAir Ii car.
Just for the extra shock factor.

Pink Mist is nothing like Moulin Rouge / Panther Pink

Old 04-30-2023, 05:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

About 1980, there was a pink 1969 GTO convertible in Berkeley, CA. that we called the Flower Goat. It was parked in front of a nice shingled bungalow and the owner had filled the car interior to the tops of the doors with soil and used it as a huge flower planter. The car was straight and the paint shiny....it was only a ten year old used car at the time. Wish I had a picture of it. Perhaps someone here from the East Bay remembers it as well? What a waste.

Old 05-01-2023, 08:04 PM
Senior Chief

I think a pink Judge would be a pretty cool collectible and guaranteed to turn every head at a car show if nothing else.

Fender guitars has a color called Shell Pink, it’s a softer “50’s pink” like Grandma used to have for her bathroom tile. Not the 1980’s “hot pink”. It’s a more popular guitar color than you might imagine.

I once refinished a Rickenbacker 4001 bass in Shell Pink lacquer and it looked stunning with it’s white pick guard, white binding around the edges and chrome hardware. The only thing was, I would have to be wearing all black for it to look really good on stage. I wish I had a picture of it! Now I just have two Rics in Autumnglo and Goldglo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk