The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 03-26-2016, 10:09 AM
Senior Chief

Default RE&RE T-Top Weatherstripping

Is it possible...or advisable, to remove and replace T-Top weatherstripping?
It was never installed properly, in that is not glued flush to the top corners.

Is there a recommended method to installing T-Top weatherstripping to avoid this? I am thinking that one should start by gluing in the middle and then work their way to the corners, stretching if required to get a proper fit in the corners.

...or I could just fill the gap with some black silicone...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	corner.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	424536  

Old 04-14-2016, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

are those aftermarket seals? looks like metro brand seals which simply dont fit right. they are molded way to thin on the corners & dont fill in the corners. try soffseal brand, they fint much bettter in teh corners & are an overall better quality seal IMO. they are not perfect & will sit a little high for awhile untill they break in some. got mine from summit for a great price.

the soff/seal have plastic inserts at each end of the of the roof panel so i located them first then worked each leg into the corner, when the corners are located good the remaining long run in the middle seemed to lay down just right. i used 3m adhesive on the channel.