Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just an update,kind of.
Geezz,these Freddie Mac government foreclosures take a long time! JUST settled today on a price-$70K even. I'm still counter offering just trying to get them to close the middle of next month,they want a May 3rd closing. No big deal there,so it looks like a go,as I can be flexible on the closing date if need be. I just want to leave myself a few extra weeks for the inspections.
I'll let you guys know what the engineer says.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Its funny you mention the freddie Mae/Mac BS. My bosses daughter put a bid on a condo that was in foreclosure by that agency. The original asking price was 159,000. They offered 148,000 and would pay closing cost. Freddie countered with 158,000 and wouldn't go any lower.
3 weeks later her agent contacted Freddie Mae/Mac about their bid and if there was any change in the counter offer only to discover they lowered the asking price to 138,000!!! They never contacted my boss or his daughter about this so obviously they hopped on the condo at the "new" asking price, 10K less than what they offered originally!!
And people wonder why that agency (and the Govt in general) are so screwed up...

Old 04-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67drake View Post
Just an update,kind of.
Geezz,these Freddie Mac government foreclosures take a long time! JUST settled today on a price-$70K even. I'm still counter offering just trying to get them to close the middle of next month,they want a May 3rd closing. No big deal there,so it looks like a go,as I can be flexible on the closing date if need be. I just want to leave myself a few extra weeks for the inspections.
I'll let you guys know what the engineer says.
Now go buy a powerful riding mower/plow.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 04-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Everything is a go. Engineer is going to check it out on the 22nd of this month. NOW,I'm getting a LITTLE excited. I love this house,but it being a financial deal,I don't let my emotions get caught up in it. The listing agent was surprised that his "used car salesman" tactics had no affect on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Its funny you mention the freddie Mae/Mac BS. My bosses daughter put a bid on a condo that was in foreclosure by that agency. The original asking price was 159,000. They offered 148,000 and would pay closing cost. Freddie countered with 158,000 and wouldn't go any lower.
3 weeks later her agent contacted Freddie Mae/Mac about their bid and if there was any change in the counter offer only to discover they lowered the asking price to 138,000!!! They never contacted my boss or his daughter about this so obviously they hopped on the condo at the "new" asking price, 10K less than what they offered originally!!
And people wonder why that agency (and the Govt in general) are so screwed up...
That isn't surprising. LOL
One of the counter offers I made was lost in the shuffle of E-mails. They thought I backed out of the deal,so the offer expired. The listing agent E-mailed mine and asked what happened. My agent told him that we submitted our counter offer 4 days earlier. He double checked ,and was like "Uh....OK....I'll get back to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRR View Post
Now go buy a powerful riding mower/plow.
I got one. The house I'm at now is about the same sized yard. So I already have the rider mower. My son made a plow for our 4 wheeler when he was in highschool a few years back too.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Everything is a go. Engineer is going to check it out on the 22nd of this month. NOW,I'm getting a LITTLE excited. I love this house,but it being a financial deal,I don't let my emotions get caught up in it. The listing agent was surprised that his "used car salesman" tactics had no affect on me.
Congrats!! You have more patients than I. That deal would gone south for me months ago. I don't like to wait. Good luck with it Drake.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Senior Chief

The gap between the floor and baseboards scares me but, the rest of the house and the property (and the price) make it pretty attractive. Hey, if the house falls down you can always live in the newer garage. Keep us informed.

The LaCrosse area is a beautiful part of the country.

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver