THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-14-2023, 09:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I will say this. Since I stopped watching decades ago, there have been times where I saw short segments of games and commentary. It was all very different and seemed highly contrived. To people who never stopped watching maybe that's less obvious because the changes came on slowly. But to me it was like, WTH happened?

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
Old 02-14-2023, 09:11 PM

Folks will be shocked when they learn the truth about pro sports not to mention everything else in this world we’ve been lied to about.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2023, 01:33 PM

That interference call did not lose the game for the Eagles I admit but did cost them a chance to tie or win like I have said. To many mistakes by the Eagles plain and simple sunk the Eagles not to mention the defense did not show up in that game. The playing field was complete disaster, who maintained that quicksand field? Next time the NFL needs to hire someone from the PGA to maintain their fields. In the end it was a very entertaining game and Mahomes deserves a lot of credit for playing with that high ankle sprain. There are not many people who could play to the level he did with that kind of injury. Anyone saying I have had an ankle sprain before and gutted through it. A high ankle sprain is much worse then a lateral ligament sprain.
Anyone who has ever played a team sport knows what it is like to compete as a team. One of my favorite high school coaches required reading was from Roosevelt
Man in the Arena
Quote:
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Old 02-15-2023, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
Folks will be shocked when they learn the truth about pro sports not to mention everything else in this world we’ve been lied to about.
Careful b-man.
The truth will cause this discussion to end up in the Clubhouse!

Old 02-15-2023, 06:27 PM

Sorry, But the kneeling ended it permanently for me. Dad a WW2 vet and all, I just can't get past it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taktikian For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2023, 08:47 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
Understatement of a lifetime.

Old 02-16-2023, 12:47 PM

Wait till people read conspiracy theories about conspiracy theories that will really blow your mind. Makes you wonder how some people get any enjoyment out of life at all, some people dont live they just survive
Well on to hockey lets go Avs, win another Cup

Old 02-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
Old 02-16-2023, 05:29 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
Wait till people read conspiracy theories about conspiracy theories
Is it still a conspiracy theory when the players themselves admit it?

https://youtu.be/PYlT3pBdxNI?t=340

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
Makes you wonder how some people get any enjoyment out of life at all
I get plenty of enjoyment out of life actually living it...tinkering and cruising in my cars, working on and around the house and shop, playing around in the yard and garden on my 3.4 acre lot, playing around with my 4 legged companions, and visiting with family and friends. Better than watching scripted breads and circuses for $$ and a diversion of attention on what's really important in life. It really is amazing how much peoples lives revolve around the idiot box and how much they believe it's true.

Go out there and experience life before you get too old to enjoy it rather than sitting around and watching fantasy delusions with corrupt agendas for the sole purpose of making obscene amounts of money.

https://youtu.be/3HQTNZRmJdg?t=53

Last edited by 59safaricat; 02-16-2023 at 05:45 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 59safaricat For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2023, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Seeing I was for Kansas City I'm on the poop list around here. I don't watch sports because of the amount of money players get that they don't deserve and the exorbitant amount of money to go and see a game. I don't like the Eagles at all, so I go with the underdog. But I did take a look in the first half when KC was ahead and watched the last 10 minutes when they won.

Then after the game all I heard was excuses as to why the Eagles didn't win. Really? In my book they didn't deserve to win and blew all by themselves.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.