Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Suspended

I really apericate the offer & would like to meet some of the people who are willing to help but I on't travel very well at this time , & yes I have some friends from church that I & my daughter will be spending Christmas with. Your offer is very nice & is what hepls keep us going knowing that there are those who like yourself that will open your hearts & home to a stranger in times of need. GOD will look down on your & your family greatly as I do for the offer & help. Thank You very much & I hope that one day we will be able to meet & I can say thank you in person. GOD BLESS , Rex & Sara Carpenter. Have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. I know mine will be better just knowing there are those who still care.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

hey Rex, hows about a story 'bout that 73 GTO and some pics.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Suspended

Default Not sure how to ask????

F Rock I don't know what kind of story or info that you may want , but I did buy my 73 new & have had it for a lon time. When I was able I use to race it a little & like all of us I did show it at several of the GTOAA meets & back in 86-87 I took a second place in my class. For a long time I was about the only 73 GTO to show up at the GTOAA meets. I ordered a 73 GTO in aug. of 73 , I ordered an SD car but as we all know now it never came in so I ended up having to take a left over which was the demo that the owners son was driving. It had a 400 auto , florintine red met. with white interior, & a white vinyle top. Noe it's a 455 4spd car with no vinyle top posi, & the last time I was able to dive it it went 11.68 @ 126. But now because of my health I've not been able to drive it lately. I'm hopeing to get better & get to drive it next summer , maybe. As I mentioned before I've been in the ER twice in the last month or so & now I have to have my shoulder.arm operated on in Jan. I had a triple bypass a year ago Jan. & it seems every time I get excited now I start poping my nitro. I use to be a strong as a horse but now I feel like ,, well I don't do much of what I use to do. I'll try to post a pic of it now , hopefully it will without loseing all this message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gto door panels 006.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	306555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pics of the 73 , GTO 012.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	306564  

Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nice car Rex, good story.

http://www.byjanmarie.com/firebird/69.html
69 Camaro 327 4sp. 4.10
http://www.byjanmarie.com/camaro/69camaro.html ( SOLD)
2002 Camaro LE/SLP-(sold)
1967 Nova SS-- 327, M20, 3.73, FRT Disc
Old 12-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Senior Chief

My donation went in the mailbox this morning.

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your daughter from a fellow Michigander and Pontiac fan.

Sincerely,

Scott Lawrence

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT
Old 12-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Suspended

Default not sure how to ask????

Scott thank you in advance for any thig you have sent, I along with my daughter will be more then appreicative of any thing. You along with all & any others who have Sara & I in there prayers & heart are also in my prayers at night. With Christmas coming very fast We'll be happy for all those who have been so good to us, & please remember us in your prayers too. I will try to keep everyone updated as the months go by to let everyone who has helped & cared enough to help. GOD BLESS , Rex & Sara.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Senior Chief

Rex Its in the mail mon. at 3pm should have made it to Gainsville, Fl that night another 3 days to you. so i would say saturday or monday just in time for the Holiday. but i didnt address it Rex Carpenter
address to Mr. Carpenter regular white business envelope.

Michael Hughes Sr
1966 GTO Convertable: Stolen never recovered
1966 GTO Hard Top .30 over 455 4-Speed 3:23 Posi
Old 12-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Suspended

Default Not sure how to ask??

Michael , Sometimes Thank You isn't enough but the only words I have are just those, Thank You & GOD BLESS you & your family for everything.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
Scott thank you in advance for any thig you have sent, I along with my daughter will be more then appreicative of any thing. You along with all & any others who have Sara & I in there prayers & heart are also in my prayers at night. With Christmas coming very fast We'll be happy for all those who have been so good to us, & please remember us in your prayers too. I will try to keep everyone updated as the months go by to let everyone who has helped & cared enough to help. GOD BLESS , Rex & Sara.
You are very welcome. Please let me know when it arrives so that I know you received it. Also, don't be afraid to post up a thread if you just need to vent, rant, whine, cry... whatever. There are a lot of very good people on this forum and there will always be someone to offer advice, assistance or an encouraging word if you need it.

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT
Old 12-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Rex,
At first I was just going to send you a little something and not post that I did so but then I thought that doing so (posting) might keep the thread going and inspire others to do the same. Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy new year to you and your family Rex.
Dave

Old 12-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Suspended

Default not sure how to ask???

Scott & Dave I do really appericate your help & I have had some very nice messages from everyone on the site. Again I don't think Thank You is enough to say when you have given me the chance to give my daughter a few gifts for Christmas this year. Everyone who has sent something to me are in my prayers & those who have kept me in their prays to I know it will help to get me through this very tough time. I wish I had something to vent about Scott but with the help from all of you it makes me a very happy person. With the help I am getting from all I feel so lucky to be a part of a group that has such warm heart to be able to lend a hand when someone like me is so down. I feel so lucky that I have friends who I don't know that are so willing to help GOD BLESS all & your all in my prayer when I lay down at night. Thank You so much, Rex & Sara Carpenter. P.S. Scott I'll let you know when It comes GOD BLESS, Rex.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i have a friend that works for us and after a little coxing has agreed to sell a snap-on palm sander [new NEVER USED],he says if the price is fair,he will donate 50% towards rex's benefit.heres a chance to get a top brand sander and help the cause.he wouldnt tell me his selling price but he is a reasonable guy.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....store&tool=all

Old 12-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Rex,
Very sorry to hear of your situation. I hope things turn better for you soon. I've sent you a check too, hope it's all adds up and helps out!
Merry Christmas,
Tim

Old 12-20-2012, 02:18 AM
Suspended

Default not sure how to ask???

Tim thank you very much any little bit helps. wytnyt, I think that is very nice of him to do that, I am so overwhelmed at how much everyone has helped me. So many people & so much supprot I just can't tell you how happy this has made me & Sara. I let her read your kind words & she has started to cry a couple of times when she reads all the kind words & wishs of hope for her & I. GOD BLESS everyone. Rex & Sara

Old 12-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Rex, sent a little something your way. Hope things get better for you in the coming year.

Merry Christmas, Tom

TOM
Old 12-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Senior Chief

Rex,
My wife sent a check your way.You and sara have a Merry Christmas.
Craig

Old 12-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Suspended

Default not sure how to ask??

Tom & Craig Ihave only one thing I can say & that is Thank You but that alone doesn't really say enough. But thank you for everything Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. BOD BLESS . Rex & Sara Carpenter.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Suspended

Default Not Sure How to Ask???

I have recieved an out pouring of love & gifts for my request & I can't say thank you enough for all who have given. For those of you I have already recieved gifts from & those who have I have yet to recieve I know that GOD is watching over me & you for your support. Thank You just doesn't say how we feel, but in my eyes your all the greatest group I have ever met & am so proud to be one of you. I know for me when I'm able I will pay it forward to when I can. GOD BLESS all. Merry Christmas. Your all in my prayers.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:41 AM
Suspended

Default Not sure how to ask???

I went out for a while today with the help of a friend from church today & got some gift for my daughter & wrapped them up & put them under the tree. She was out for a bit as there was no school today for her & when she came home she was so suprised to see she had some gifts under there for her,,, the smile that came on her face was , well I was so happy insude that I though I could have burst. I'm trying to save a little of the gifts that came our way so we can get some extra food in the house. Your gifts have been such a grand help that I haven't felt this good inside for a while. The gifts that have come our way will help out for a little bit & with any extra that may come our way will help us get through this very rough time. GOD BLESS to all & if there is any way a little more can come our way we would be very greatful. The funds we have recieved , well we are very thankful for & it helps so much. Each day we hope that things will get better & we know with GODS help & yours we will make it through this rough patch. With great thanks , Rex & Sara.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

mailed my gift yesterday; Happy Holiday Rex!