THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-15-2023, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
I chose the shortest line, which (as is my custom) ended up being my first mistake.
It's like when I get in line at McDonalds. Some how I manage to get in line behind someone (or a group of someone's) who have never been to a McDonalds before!

How many questions can you possibly ask about the McDonalds menu offerings?

Just so I can step up and say "Number 1. Medium. For here".

Geez.

I actually tell people - "oh. You don't want to be in line behind me. You want the other line".

Happens at the race track, too. Somehow I always get in line behind the guy that is writing a book and wants to interview the ticket taker in a lengthy exchange of back and forth, while I sit and watch the other line of race rigs fly through the gate.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 11-15-2023 at 09:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2023, 12:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What a bunch of whining. lol 60 replies, 2383 views. Thank a Veteran, 18 replies, 321 views.. Must be a sign of the times. Everyone seems to be running around stressed out ever since Covid. Just an observation.

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Naw - I've always been running around stressed out.

We didn't even talk about "other drivers"...

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2023, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Naw - I've always been running around stressed out.

We didn't even talk about "other drivers"...

Isn't that the truth.. Other drivers.. lol

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.
Old 11-15-2023, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just locally. Person got into altercation at McDonald's over the temp of his coffee. Police presence. A woman behind deli counter at local Giant Eagle told me ,lady wanted some kind of meat. The woman behind counter got it promptly, weight,type,sliced etc. She said she turned around to get something else the woman threw the package at her hitting her! Saying this is wrong. Deli people have told me people want a pound of meat,the customer wants exactly a pound no more,so the deli people have play around while customer watches the scale. This is no BS.

Old 11-16-2023, 01:14 AM

Exclamation Think the car world is full of stooopid or arrogant people? Imagine working EMS.

My son is an EMT-A, on his way to being a paramedic. He had huge altruistic ideals about helping people. Working EMS almost destroyed him - his encounters with the average EMS call works something like this: Grandma (or grandpa, mom or dad - fill in the blank) hasn't been feeling well for a couple of weeks, there are 4 (working) cars in the driveway, 5 properly licensed drivers, and today the family calls for an ambulance because their family member is now feeling more woozy, or fell down, or, their toe hurts more, or, or, or.... Instead of doing the smart thing and making an appointment with their "family" doctor or driving them to the urgent care or ER themselves 10 days ago when the problems were first noticed. Or then there is the 585 lb chain smoking person fell out of bed and they want EMS to get them back into bed and hand them the TV remote (that's it!) . And while they are dealing with this type of call, there is a real emergency that has to wait, and the squad arrives too late to help them - and they die because all of the available EMS teams are busy with B.S. non-emergency calls. There are "frequent flyers" who in some cases call 300 times a year, tying up EMS teams on garbage, non-emergency calls - which make up 75% of their call and trip volume. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Thank the lord that you are doing anything else, and don't work in anything related to EMS. That does not even include their encounters with other drivers on the road that think that lights and sirens means speed up and pass the ambulance or stop and block an intersection. Oh boy.... I'm just scratching the surface.

Last edited by 1969GPSJ; 11-16-2023 at 01:21 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1969GPSJ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969GPSJ View Post
My son is an EMT-A, on his way to being a paramedic. He had huge altruistic ideals about helping people. Working EMS almost destroyed him - his encounters with the average EMS call works something like this: Grandma (or grandpa, mom or dad - fill in the blank) hasn't been feeling well for a couple of weeks, there are 4 (working) cars in the driveway, 5 properly licensed drivers, and today the family calls for an ambulance because their family member is now feeling more woozy, or fell down, or, their toe hurts more, or, or, or.... Instead of doing the smart thing and making an appointment with their "family" doctor or driving them to the urgent care or ER themselves 10 days ago when the problems were first noticed. Or then there is the 585 lb chain smoking person fell out of bed and they want EMS to get them back into bed and hand them the TV remote (that's it!) . And while they are dealing with this type of call, there is a real emergency that has to wait, and the squad arrives too late to help them - and they die because all of the available EMS teams are busy with B.S. non-emergency calls. There are "frequent flyers" who in some cases call 300 times a year, tying up EMS teams on garbage, non-emergency calls - which make up 75% of their call and trip volume. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Thank the lord that you are doing anything else, and don't work in anything related to EMS. That does not even include their encounters with other drivers on the road that think that lights and sirens means speed up and pass the ambulance or stop and block an intersection. Oh boy.... I'm just scratching the surface.
And for minimum wage. Or close to it.

My daughter was an EMT for several years.

She writes computer code now.

K

The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just talking to local fire chief. They have to help on occasion with heavy people. He said that a special lifting device is available(I didnt get particulars) for 500+ lb people. He said all the people cringe when a certain address comes up.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 06:14 PM
Senior Chief

Both of my kids are medics with a local company, Med Star, and they tell me stories like this all the time. She had to Narcan one particular woman 3 times in one week. Frequent fliers are very common. Then all of the family tries to jump in the ambulance with them for a ride to the hospital. My daughter, 15 years' experience, is getting burned out. She has been substitute teaching at the elementary school where her kids go. She is much happier doing that instead of being a medic.

The Following User Says Thank You to jerry455 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 07:28 PM

I was a paramedic with private ambulance here in Miami for seven years. We had a contract with the county fire department where we would transport their lower acuity patients, and 1969GPSJ pretty much has it on the head. Low socioeconomic demographics are usually the spots that abuse 911 systems due to their poor access to primary care. More affluent folks usually have good primary care, are part of wellness programs, are typically more fit, and if they're rich enough even have on-call doctors that will visit them at home.

Most of the calls are total BS; something they can easily visit an urgent care for, and picture their surprise when they get to the hospital and are immediately sent to the lobby when they expected they'd immediately get a room just because they came in on an ambulance. If an ED has a limited amount of beds available, then patients are given beds based on acuity and triage, even if they come in on rescue or ambulance. Ask me how I know... because now I'm an ER Nurse, and I often do the triaging. Lol I'm still dealing with the same BS and stupidity, only now it's indoors and I'm surrounded by support in the form of other nurses, techs, doctors, etc. And I make a lot more $$$.

Old 11-17-2023, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckies76ta View Post
What a bunch of whining. lol 60 replies, 2383 views. Thank a Veteran, 18 replies, 321 views.. Must be a sign of the times. Everyone seems to be running around stressed out ever since Covid. Just an observation.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lot.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	623402  

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post: